From the sublime ...

Nancy Young

Guest
... and all that.

Last night for dinner, I had lobster tail, garlic toast and champagne.

Today was Christmas tree shopping day. Before hitting the tree farm, let me get something to eat.
Nothing special, believe me, I decided to grab a Mickey D burger. I *never* do that, I swear I
don't. Now I know why.

Went inside, I would like a Big Mac and fries. (inaudible question) What? (repeat) Okay, I would
like a Big Mac and fries. (something about do I want the meal) I would like a Big Mac and fries.
(something about large) Okay, large. She comes back with a Big Mac and a large cup for soda. This
cost about $4.30. Where are my fries? At this point her boss was behind her, doesn't that sound like
I was creating a scene? (laugh) Nope, I was quiet, but trying to get my point across what I wanted.
They must have been keeping an eye on her.

I can only think it was her first day or something, plus her English wasn't very good. But really,
Big Mac and fries. Why do they put people on the front line who can't grasp that? I said never mind
and left with the world's most expensive Big Mac (just kidding in case someone feels like saying
they cost more where they live).

That's okay, after half a burger, I picked out the best Christmas tree and some nice man murdered it
for me and put it in my trunk. Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a
while for no apparent reason.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:

> ... and all that.
>
> Last night for dinner, I had lobster tail, garlic toast and champagne.
>
> Today was Christmas tree shopping day. Before hitting the tree farm, let me get something to eat.
> Nothing special, believe me, I decided to grab a Mickey D burger. I *never* do that, I swear I
> don't. Now I know why.
>
> Went inside, I would like a Big Mac and fries. (inaudible question) What? (repeat) Okay, I would
> like a Big Mac and fries. (something about do I want the meal) I would like a Big Mac and fries.
> (something about large) Okay, large. She comes back with a Big Mac and a large cup for soda. This
> cost about $4.30. Where are my fries? At this point her boss was behind her, doesn't that sound
> like I was creating a scene? (laugh) Nope, I was quiet, but trying to get my point across what I
> wanted. They must have been keeping an eye on her.
>
> I can only think it was her first day or something, plus her English wasn't very good. But really,
> Big Mac and fries. Why do they put people on the front line who can't grasp that? I said never
> mind and left with the world's most expensive Big Mac (just kidding in case someone feels like
> saying they cost more where they live).
>
> That's okay, after half a burger, I picked out the best Christmas tree and some nice man murdered
> it for me and put it in my trunk. Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in
> a while for no apparent reason.
>
> nancy

LOL, now I remember why I haven't been to a Mc D's for... well I don't remember actually.

Know what ya mean about the cat. Ours loves to "hide" behind it. It's amazed me that in her 11 years
she's never tried to climb it. The bear that moves it's head that we have under it confuses the h*ll
outta her though! ;-)

--
Steve

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> ... and all that.
>>
>> Last night for dinner, I had lobster tail, garlic toast and champagne.

Mmmmm! You GO girl!

>> Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a while for no apparent reason.
>>
>> nancy
>
> LOL, now I remember why I haven't been to a Mc D's for... well I don't remember actually.

Me neither. I keep hearing their new "nuggets" commercials for all breast meat nuggets and thinking
"so what were they made out of *before*?" (parts is parts!)

> Know what ya mean about the cat. Ours loves to "hide" behind it. It's amazed me that in her 11
> years she's never tried to climb it. The bear that moves it's head that we have under it confuses
> the h*ll outta her though! ;-)

I haven't actually tried a tree out on Persia yet. I can just picture her going, "Huh? What's this
thing in the corner? Oh, look, there's water in that bowl under there. And hey, those ornaments are
nice and shiny, maybe they are toys for me!" I'm thinking, if I do put up a tree, all the ornaments
are going to be padded or wooden so at least she can't break them. Thankfully she has no front claws
so climbing isn't really an issue.

Jill

jmcquown saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all
about it on Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:00:00 -0600:

>Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> ... and all that.
>>>
>>> Last night for dinner, I had lobster tail, garlic toast and champagne.
>
>Mmmmm! You GO girl!
>

>>> Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a while for no apparent reason.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>
>> LOL, now I remember why I haven't been to a Mc D's for... well I don't remember actually.
>>
>Me neither. I keep hearing their new "nuggets" commercials for all breast meat nuggets and thinking
>"so what were they made out of *before*?" (parts is parts!)
>
>> Know what ya mean about the cat. Ours loves to "hide" behind it. It's amazed me that in her 11
>> years she's never tried to climb it. The bear that moves it's head that we have under it confuses
>> the h*ll outta her though! ;-)
>
>I haven't actually tried a tree out on Persia yet. I can just picture her going, "Huh? What's this
>thing in the corner? Oh, look, there's water in that bowl under there. And hey, those ornaments are
>nice and shiny, maybe they are toys for me!" I'm thinking, if I do put up a tree, all the ornaments
>are going to be padded or wooden so at least she can't break them. Thankfully she has no front
>claws so climbing isn't really an issue.

She's got to enjoy the tree experience Jill! nonbreakable ornaments are a wondrous thing :)

(huggles)

~Karen AKA Kajikit

Nobody outstubborns a cat...

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap:

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> ... and all that.
>>>
>>> Last night for dinner, I had lobster tail, garlic toast and champagne.
>
> Mmmmm! You GO girl!
>

>>> Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a while for no apparent reason.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>
>> LOL, now I remember why I haven't been to a Mc D's for... well I don't remember actually.
>>
> Me neither. I keep hearing their new "nuggets" commercials for all breast meat nuggets and
> thinking "so what were they made out of *before*?" (parts is parts!)

I shudder to think! Was is chicken? <G>

I used to do Mickey D's occasionally until I couldn't take it anymore. I recently discovered a hole-in-the-
wall "dump" a block over from my office that looks as though it was stuck in the 1950s. They serve a
respectable quarter-pound burger with the works along with an order of fries (fresh cut and fried -
a little greasy but great flavor) for a measly $2.79. A large drink makes it $4.00, and if you want
to splurge, a 32 oz hand-made milkshake or malt can be had for $1.50.

>> Know what ya mean about the cat. Ours loves to "hide" behind it. It's amazed me that in her 11
>> years she's never tried to climb it. The bear that moves it's head that we have under it confuses
>> the h*ll outta her though! ;-)
>
> I haven't actually tried a tree out on Persia yet. I can just picture her going, "Huh? What's this
> thing in the corner? Oh, look, there's water in that bowl under there. And hey, those ornaments
> are nice and shiny, maybe they are toys for me!" I'm thinking, if I do put up a tree, all the
> ornaments are going to be padded or wooden so at least she can't break them. Thankfully she has no
> front claws so climbing isn't really an issue.
>
> Jill

It matters not to our tiny cat, Millie, whether it's a live or fake tree. In either case she manages
to climb it and lay across a couple of branches, all without it crashing to the floor. Our bounder,
Bailey, sit in front of the tree and stares at Millie like she's some kind of nut!

Wayne

Kajikit wrote:
> jmcquown saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about it on Fri, 19 Dec 2003
> 18:00:00 -0600:
>
>> I haven't actually tried a tree out on Persia yet. I can just picture her going, "Huh? What's
>> this thing in the corner? Oh, look, there's water in that bowl under there. And hey, those
>> ornaments are nice and shiny, maybe they are toys for me!" I'm thinking, if I do put up a tree,
>> all the ornaments are going to be padded or wooden so at least she can't break them. Thankfully
>> she has no front claws so climbing isn't really an issue.
>
> She's got to enjoy the tree experience Jill! nonbreakable ornaments are a wondrous thing :)
>
> (huggles)
>
> ~Karen AKA Kajikit

Thankfully, I collected a bunch of wooden ornaments back in the 1980's. I am very heavy into the
Victorian thing with hand-painted toy-like wooden ornaments. Damsel is sending me some padded plaid
ornaments (seeing as how I'm Scottish LOL). I may just go out this weekend and get a small tree :)
Now where did I put that tree stand?

Jill

in article [email protected], Nancy Young at

> Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a while for no apparent reason.

I have a Chanukah stocking for Mandy. In the old apartment, it hung between the two windows in the
living room, above the radiator.

Here, it's on the doorknob until I find a better spot for it.

Anyway, I always get her some wacky weed (that's catnip, for you feline-free households), and put it
in her stocking. And she always finds it and whacks the stocking around trying to get at it. I guess
she smells it. I came home from errands yesterday, and found the stocking on the floor behind the
front door, some of the contents strewn all over, with her, asleep, her head against the foot of the
stocking, which is where the bag of catnip was! Somehow, she managed to whack the stocking off the
doorknob, bring it to the floor, and I can only imagine how hard she tried to get at that catnip!!!
And of course, it exhausted her...or she was just too stoned to move....and she just fell asleep
right there! I wish I had taken a picture! I laughed so hard when I realized the toys were out of
the stocking, strewn on the floor. (No, I don't buy her new toys every year. I recycle the ones she
never played with from previous years.) She's not much of a toy cat....she'd rather play with foil
balls, wadded up tissues, milk bottle caps, and empty toilet paper tubes. These hold her attention
much better than a fabric mousy. Though we have our share of those, too. Thing is, if she hasn't
seen the toy in awhile, it's new to her.

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> in article [email protected], Nancy Young at [email protected] wrote on
> 12/19/03 3:58 PM:
>
>> Amused the cat no end that I bring in the outdoors every once in a while for no apparent reason.
>
> I have a Chanukah stocking for Mandy. In the old apartment, it hung between the two windows in the
> living room, above the radiator.
>
> Here, it's on the doorknob until I find a better spot for it.
>
> Anyway, I always get her some wacky weed (that's catnip, for you feline-free households)

Persia has been ill with a UTI and I've been giving her drops of medicine twice a day. She's getting
better, though, and last night got a small catnip mouse from her stocking because she's been such a
good girl about taking her meds! It was so funny to watch her walking around with it in her mouth.
My camera is never ready for such moments.

Jill