Idiotic question - particularly as I ran these ( Panaracer Fire XC Pros) last autumn/winter on my last bike and just whacked them on and rode BUT.......just got my new steed after selling the old one and bought my fave treads. Only just noticed that there is a difference between the front and rear tyres. Doh. On the tyres themselves there is a mark that says <<=== rear front=== >> so bunged on the front one as it seems to me to be saying the front "arrow" points in the direction the wheel will be rolling ( still with me , I know...)
Now on the package it says " adaptable front and rear use, by CHANGING (my capitals) the installation direction"
So on the rear this suggests I should have the tyre on so it says
<<=== front rear===>> . With the rear arrow pointing in the direction the wheel rolls . Is this what they mean and can this be right?? If I put it on so theyve both got the front arow pointing to the front then both tyres and treads are pointing same direction , in which case why say change the installation direction?? I have trouble changing a plug as you can guess but cannot face my LBS AGAIN with another stupid question ( there have been some corkers) - Help. You should have seen me putting on a wetsuit for the first time a few years ago..........
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
front and back panaracer fire xc pros
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 8 October 2003
- Last activity
- 8 October 2003
- Original author
- tone
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,560
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I've got the same tyres and that's how I understood it. Install the tyre one way round on the front and the other way round for the rear.
I don't know why!
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by davidlegendmcna
I've got the same tyres and that's how I understood it. Install the tyre one way round on the front and the other way round for the rear.I don't know why!
Hi Dave
cheers I think youre right - done as youve said and a mate just phoned to say the same!! Must phone the guy I sold my last bike to so he can check how I had them set up...........again thanks -
I run the same tires. What I was told is that on the rear, you want traction in the direction you will be applying power to the tire, so you get maximum power transmission.
On the front, you want traction in the opposite direction so that the front tire bites in for good turning.
Well, it made sense when the guy at the LBS explained it...
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.