Front Brake Problem

Viscount_1977

Jul 10, 2007
Hello all I have been trying to use my front break for the past months but when I use the front brake it like shakes the bike up or down something like that about once a revolution of the tyre. could the problem be with the frame, spokes, or something with the head seat etc.. would like to know what might be the problem. Thanks

It is definitely a wheel problem. I'll bet the problem goes away if you get the wheel trued and make sure that the brake is adusted so that the pads contact the rim and nothing else;) . You should also make sure that the brake is solidly mounted to the frame. A loosely mounted brake might do the same thing.

kdelong said:
It is definitely a wheel problem. I'll bet the problem goes away if you get the wheel trued and make sure that the brake is adusted so that the pads contact the rim and nothing else;) . You should also make sure that the brake is solidly mounted to the frame. A loosely mounted brake might do the same thing.
do you mean tuned or trued?

Ok I figured out my problem on the rim of my front wheel there are two dents or bulges that point a way from the rim and when I apply the brake it hits thoes bulges and makes my fork and headset move violently. I think that is the problem because I went slowly and when I hit thoes spots it happened. So I think I have not solved the problem but figured out what is wrong.

Ok I figured out my problem on the rim of my front wheel there are two dents or bulges that point a way from the rim and when I apply the brake it hits thoes bulges and makes my fork and headset move violently. I think that is the problem because I went slowly and when I hit thoes spots it happened. So I think I have not solved the problem but figured out what is wrong.

Good job! Unfortunately there is not much that you can do about the bulges without effecting the integrity of them. You might see if you can bend them back in, but you will never get a good, clean stop with them. I would suggest that you replace the rim. Your LBS can set you up with a new one, or you can check out eBay. It would be interesting to know what caused the bulges.