Front deraileur braze-on mounts -- they differ!

Aztec

Jul 8, 2003
Check this out. The pics are of my Cervelo and Colnago FD mounts. Note that the Colnago's is angled back, which places the tail of the FD lower and out of the way of the chain. The Cervelo's is more upright, which means the FD is higher up (or rather, more rotated clockwise), so the chain is close to the tail when on the small ring, and bounces off it over any bump whenever you don't have tension on the chain. Yeah, I know, pedal more.

I can't think of any good cures for this!

Aztec said:
Check this out. The pics are of my Cervelo and Colnago FD mounts. Note that the Colnago's is angled back, which places the tail of the FD lower and out of the way of the chain. The Cervelo's is more upright, which means the FD is higher up (or rather, more rotated clockwise), so the chain is close to the tail when on the small ring, and bounces off it over any bump whenever you don't have tension on the chain. Yeah, I know, pedal more.

I can't think of any good cures for this!
Maybe the crevelo's is positioned wrong? It could happen,and not be in spec. You could probably cobb some type of wedge to change the angle if it's really an issue.