front deraileur. HELP!

HyperPhreak

Jan 24, 2004
I have a 46 mile ride in the mornin with a group of people and my bike is messed up. The front draileur is scrubbing the chain bad. so i got out my trek handbook and did what it told me to do and it worked fine until the wire popped off the deraileur. then i re did everything and now its worse than it ever was. Now the stupid thing scrubs the middle and big chain ring and wont even shift into the small chain ring. whats the deal here? can anyone please help me?

my bike is a trek 2100.
thanks

HyperPhreak said:
I have a 46 mile ride in the mornin with a group of people and my bike is messed up. The front draileur is scrubbing the chain bad. so i got out my trek handbook and did what it told me to do and it worked fine until the wire popped off the deraileur. then i re did everything and now its worse than it ever was. Now the stupid thing scrubs the middle and big chain ring and wont even shift into the small chain ring. whats the deal here? can anyone please help me?

my bike is a trek 2100.
thanks
Repair section, www.parktool,com and start at the beginning and with the shifter in the granny ring position.