Front derailleur adjustment

Kwalters

Guest
Can't find my instructions for adjusting the fd. Anyone know the recommended distance between the
top of the big ring (52) and bottom of the outside of the fd cage? (all Ultegra triple).

Thanks. Ken

kwalters <[email protected]> wrote:
: Can't find my instructions for adjusting the fd. Anyone know the recommended distance between the
: top of the big ring (52) and bottom of the outside of the fd cage? (all Ultegra triple).

As close as possible without touching.

Also make sure the outside of the cage is as parallel as it can be by eye with to the chainrings.

Cheerz, Lynzz

"kwalters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Can't find my instructions for adjusting the fd. Anyone know the recommended distance between the
> top of the big ring (52) and bottom of the outside of the fd cage? (all Ultegra triple).

Set front changers with 1-2mm clearance between the cage and the tooth at the closest point. Ensure
the cage is parallel with the rings when viewed from above.

I use the following trick with good results. Put chain on big ring. Use a Popsicle stick (~9 mm) as
a gauge between the chain rollers and derailleur cage. Lower derailleur until top of cage clamps
down (lightly) on Popsicle stick. Turn cage parallel to chainrings. Tighten derailleur mounting bolt
and remove Popsicle stick.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)