Front derailleur diameter on S-Works E-5

LouisN

Feb 9, 2007
Hi again community,
I would like to know what diameter is needed for clamp on front derailleur on the frame I bought (Specialized S-Works E5 Alu)55 cm.
Thanks
LouisN

Go to your LBS and have them measure it for you, or buy a vernier caliper from the local hardware store and DIY.

Just thought the purpose of a place like that was to get CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE of friendly people with various experience of cycling...:cool: :confused: Not some commentaries I could get from the first pedestrian across the street...

A cheap Vernier is a good investment for a cyclist into DIY, you can measure lots of small things with it. :eek:

However, if you are that tight, wrap a piece of string around the seat tube, measure it with a ruler, divide the length by 22 and multiply by 7 to get the diameter. ;)

LouisN said:
Just thought the purpose of a place like that was to get CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE of friendly people with various experience of cycling...:cool: :confused: Not some commentaries I could get from the first pedestrian across the street...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Sorry if my answer didn't meet your expectations, but teaching you how to look after yourself is what fits my definition of constructive. Spoonfeeding might be easier in the short term but it just makes folks dependent on you.

I have an S-Works E5 and the diameter of the front derailleur clamp is 31.8 mm. It's a great frame, enjoy it!

Hey, thanks to all!

J.R. Hawkins for the teaching,
gclark8 for the advice,
and JGH for bonus answer!

;) LouisN
(I'm trying to find pieces to assemble first bike in 19 years! Real puzzle for me now!!! Last bike I had was an Argon 18 SLX full Chorus I paid $900 brand new...Times change!:rolleyes: )