Front derailleur has started to rattle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon, May 27, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Stock front derailleur on Specialized Sirrus: on the middle ring it rattles because the cage is
    loose. Any ideas on how to solve this? Particularly annoying on quiet lanes.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > Stock front derailleur on Specialized Sirrus: on the middle ring it rattles because the cage is
    > loose. Any ideas on how to solve this? Particularly annoying on quiet lanes.

    I would check all the bolts are tight, and that the noise is not just chain rattling against the
    cage (adjust if it is). Check/try cable adjustment if "looseness" is in line with travel.

    Derailleur probably needs replacing if it's actually falling apart (unusual) - would be difficult or
    expensive to repair, I think, and front derailleurs are relatively cheap components.

    ~PB