Front fender for road bike-What will work

I am trying to ride my road bike in winter rain. Cannondale with a 650 Kestrel EMS fork. I don't
have much clearance between the tire and the fork. Any Ideas?

> I am trying to ride my road bike in winter rain. Cannondale with a 650 Kestrel EMS fork. I don't
> have much clearance between the tire and the fork.

I assume you're asking about mudguard clearance.

I ride a fixed Kestrel in the winter with a Zefal 700-25 mudguard the ends at the back of the fork
crown. My brake bolt is the traditional long type with a nylock nut holding the mudguard clip.

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am trying to ride my road bike in winter rain. Cannondale with a 650 Kestrel EMS fork. I don't
> have much clearance between the tire and the fork. Any Ideas?

if you are talking about traditional fenders, cut the front fender right in front of the "L"
bracket. Chase 2 Zipties in criss-cross around the headtube through the "L". It'll hold fine - there
is no need to try and force the fenders through the fork. Any water that's made it that far around
has earned the right to get you a little wet.

I've had my Kestral fork fendered this way for 4 years without ever replacing it (can't say the same
for the rear - they always crack). Email if you need me to get a picture.

-a