Front fork upgrade for a Trek 4300

Aurawolf

New Member
Jun 17, 2004
I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any advice on this :D

Aurawolf said:
I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any advice on this :D

Ebay!!! You can't go wrong.

DaveWV wrote:
> Aurawolf Wrote:
>> I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his
>> Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for
>> around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
>> for any advice on this :D

> Ebay!!! You can't go wrong.

Really?!?

Bill "auctions are for Lucky Filters (God I'm old)" S.

>QUOTE=Aurawolf]I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork >on his Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for >around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for >any advice on this :D

You should be able to find several used Marzocchi or Manitou forks in that price range (whether on ebay or other sites). Supergo had a few decent deals on old stock forks.
HTML:
http://www.supergo.com/itemlist.cfm?LSUBCAT_ID=1808&lcat_id=7604
You can spend a few minutes checking out other sites as well.

K.

Aurawolf wrote:
> I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his
> Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for
> around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
> for any advice on this :D

The Marzocchi MX Comp is well within his price range.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training