Front fork upgrade for a Trek 4300

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Aurawolf, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Aurawolf

    Aurawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2004
    I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any advice on this :D

    Tags:

  2. DaveWV

    DaveWV New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2003
    Ebay!!! You can't go wrong.

  3. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    DaveWV wrote:
    > Aurawolf Wrote:
    >> I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his
    >> Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for
    >> around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    >> for any advice on this :D

    > Ebay!!! You can't go wrong.

    Really?!?

    Bill "auctions are for Lucky Filters (God I'm old)" S.

  4. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    >QUOTE=Aurawolf]I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork >on his Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for >around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for >any advice on this :D

    You should be able to find several used Marzocchi or Manitou forks in that price range (whether on ebay or other sites). Supergo had a few decent deals on old stock forks.
    HTML:
    http://www.supergo.com/itemlist.cfm?LSUBCAT_ID=1808&lcat_id=7604
    You can spend a few minutes checking out other sites as well.

    K.

  5. ZeeExSixAre

    ZeeExSixAre Guest

    Aurawolf wrote:
    > I got a friend who is really wants to upgrade his front fork on his
    > Trek 4300 but can't seem to find a decent one with V-Brake posts for
    > around 200-300 bucks, anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    > for any advice on this :D

    The Marzocchi MX Comp is well within his price range.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training