Front group (probably FD) clicking under load?

savan

Aug 2, 2011
Hi gang nice place here!

I'm a newish cyclist and bike mech. Last night I replace my broken sora fd w/ a new tiagra. This also happened with my sora but what I get is what sounds like the chain rubbing on the fd.

I don't think this is a crossover problem. When I'm just tooling along it sounds fine but when I'm climbing or accelerating that's when the clicking starts.

Thanks in advance!

well, after tooling around for a while on the site I found loads of great info. My bb still seems very tight. It may be a bit dry but at least it's tight. I'm going to try greasing my pedals tonight to see if it fixes the sound.

=What does "fd" stand for?

=How do you grease a "tight" modern bottom bracket, anyway?

(((I would advocate a drop of oil on the seal-area, and just ride till the tight seal eases up))).

=The pedals are not the bottom bracket. I know you mean well, but you may be confusing the people you want to help you.

Kind best regards, not being snide,

Reid

no offense taken.

It seems that I had seen seen in archives that fd was commonly used for front derailleur.

By tight I meant that there is no play when I try to wiggle the crank side to side.

I realize the pedals are no the bb but my post was initially about a noise in the area of the front group 'what I get is what sounds like the chain rubbing on the fd'. But, it seems that the bb is fine so I'm going to try greasing the pedals.

hth-