Front Hip pain

crocop687

May 7, 2006
Hey guys I've been off the bike (for the most part) for the past 6 months due to anterior (front) right hip pain. I have been to many doctors gotten MRI X-Ray all said nothing is wrong with me, done 6 weeks of physical therapy with no riding as i was wrongly diagnosed with a hip flexor strain. I've been to 3 different bike fit places to look at my pedal stroke and position.

The pain comes from the top of the right hip and goes into the groin and sometimes down the quad and sometimes up the right side of the abdominals.

Right now i am trying to build up the mileage started at like 100 miles per week (stretching then icing like a guru after every ride); then doing 10% increase per week. I am feeling hip pain during this.

If anybody is experiencing something similar or has an idea that would get me back on the bike i would love you for all eternity.

Thanks

Has anyone looked other cause like reffered pain from lowback or hernia etc.

crocop687 said:
Hey guys I've been off the bike (for the most part) for the past 6 months due to anterior (front) right hip pain. I have been to many doctors gotten MRI X-Ray all said nothing is wrong with me, done 6 weeks of physical therapy with no riding as i was wrongly diagnosed with a hip flexor strain. I've been to 3 different bike fit places to look at my pedal stroke and position.

The pain comes from the top of the right hip and goes into the groin and sometimes down the quad and sometimes up the right side of the abdominals.

Right now i am trying to build up the mileage started at like 100 miles per week (stretching then icing like a guru after every ride); then doing 10% increase per week. I am feeling hip pain during this.

If anybody is experiencing something similar or has an idea that would get me back on the bike i would love you for all eternity.

Thanks

Thanks for replying,

I've been checked for a hernia, nothing wrong there;

I am debating whether or not to have a bonescan as the doctor said it may tell if it is referred pain