Front light with bar bag

John Picton

Dec 3, 2003
I use a bar bag and a Cateye LED front light. My problem is the two cannot fit at the same time on my bars.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I can't fit the light to my front fork as it is a suspension fork and is too wide for the light mount. There soesn't appear to be anywhere on the bag where I can mount a light.

John Picton said:
I use a bar bag and a Cateye LED front light. My problem is the two cannot fit at the same time on my bars.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I can't fit the light to my front fork as it is a suspension fork and is too wide for the light mount. There soesn't appear to be anywhere on the bag where I can mount a light.
I am not sure which bag or light exactly you got - so I will assume the bag is strapped to the nadlebar & hangs below it, same with the light.

If so & it is possible with the bracket you have place the light above the bar.

If not, on the bag - find someone that can do some sewing and place two pieces of elastic over the top section (semi tight to the bag and about an inch wider than the light - one piece 1/3 of the way from the back of the light & the other a 1/3 from the front of the light), sew one piece of velcro on the bag (dead center of the elastic - lengthwise) and add the second part on the light in the appropriate area. Hope this helps