Front pannier mount for suspension forks..

Mark Taylor

Guest
Does anyone know what is available in the line of pannier racks / mounts
that are safe for suspension forks..??

a link would be nice...!!!

Thanks

Mark T

Mark Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone know what is available in the line of pannier racks /
> mounts that are safe for suspension forks..??
>
> a link would be nice...!!!

Tubus do something (put Tubus into Google, and if stuck for UK dealer, Spa
Cycles in Harrogate).

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

In article <[email protected]>
Mark Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone know what is available in the line of pannier racks / mounts
> that are safe for suspension forks..??

This doesn't look bad
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?main=ProductDetail.aspx&ProdID=5360025263
but it does hold the panniers quite high.

This http://www.faiv.de/english/lowrider_gb.htm seems to address the
problem quite well if you're serious about your luggage.

I wouldn't consider the lowriders that simply clamp to the fork sliders
- better to switch to rigid forks.

Mark Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone know what is available in the line of pannier racks /
> mounts that are safe for suspension forks..??
> a link would be nice...!!!

Was looking for something completely different yesterday when I found
these, have no idea if they are any good but EBC has these.

http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/catalogue/detail.cfm?ID=21389
--
This space intentionally left blank.

"Nigel Cliffe" <[email protected]> a écrit:

> Tubus do something (put Tubus into Google, and if stuck for UK dealer,
> Spa Cycles in Harrogate).

The Tubus Swing:

http://www.tubus.net/eng/produkte/federgabeltraeger/swing.php

Compared with front lowrider racks it puts the load rather far forward and
wide (for steering clearance) and high up, which improves ground clearance
at the expense of handling. The big advantage is that the load is taken by
the fork crown, and is sprung. I've used mine with a pair of Ortlieb Front
Rollers, and it's been stiff and reliable. Not cheap - I think I paid about
EUR100 for mine.

James Thomson