front racks for touring

Claire06

Mar 19, 2006
Yay, i figured it out! nevermind :)

Hi, I am just about to leave on my frist solo tour and I discovered that I have a problem.
I have a cannondale T2000 and I have having trouble finding a front rack that will fit. I am trying Journey Low Rider from Axiom, but unless I have gone horribly wrong without instructions, it just dosn't work. Help me! If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would be grateful.
Thanks
Claire

(I have also posted this in the equipment threads)

I can't speak for your Cannondale, but my experience is that the rack may not quite fit just right. It might need some slight persuading/banding to get the screws to line up properly.

If you're off far enough that that can't be it then hopefully someone on here will have some info on what fits well on that bike.

Sometimes when one part will not fit the bike there are ways of rigging it so it will fit the bike. It depends on what ways and why the rack will not fit the bike whether or not you can use the rack anyway. I have a rack that does not fit my bike too but I got it to go on and stay on. Sometimes the fit is fairly simple and all you have to do is think beyond the way the parts come stock like that. Other times you just have to choose another part or rack.

Claire06 said:
Yay, i figured it out! nevermind :)

Hi, I am just about to leave on my frist solo tour and I discovered that I have a problem.
I have a cannondale T2000 and I have having trouble finding a front rack that will fit. I am trying Journey Low Rider from Axiom, but unless I have gone horribly wrong without instructions, it just dosn't work. Help me! If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations I would be grateful.
Thanks
Claire

(I have also posted this in the equipment threads)