front range training

Jtn

Guest
so how are those indoor trainers feeling for those of you on the front range of Colorado? dont
worry, it looks like you will be able to hit the pavement again sometime in April......lololololo

In article <[email protected]>, JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
>so how are those indoor trainers feeling for those of you on the front range of Colorado? dont
>worry, it looks like you will be able to hit the pavement again sometime in April......lololololo

I encourage you to check out these pages:

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=359

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=361

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=367 (yes, there is snow up in Monuent)

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=369

http://www.denvergov.org/traffic/traffic.asp?loc=17THWELTON

http://www.denvergov.org/traffic/traffic.asp?loc=BROADWAYCOLFAX

http://www.denvergov.org/traffic/traffic.asp?loc=LINCOLNCOLFAX

http://www.denvergov.org/traffic/traffic.asp?loc=FEDCOL

One of the beauties of the Front Range area is the speed at which snow falls. The other is the speed
at which snow melts.

With a seattle ready bike (fenders) one could EASILY ride here today. Head up into the mountains,
you are going to find some un-fun stuff, but the front range, unless it snows more, we will be
riding soon...

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
Web Services

More like next week, melting like crazy. Fort Collins.

[email protected] (scott patton) writes:

> In article <[email protected]>, JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
> >so how are those indoor trainers feeling for those of you on the front range of Colorado? dont
> >worry, it looks like you will be able to hit the pavement again sometime in April......lololololo

[snip]

> One of the beauties of the Front Range area is the speed at which snow falls. The other is the
> speed at which snow melts.
>
> With a seattle ready bike (fenders) one could EASILY ride here today. Head up into the mountains,
> you are going to find some un-fun stuff, but the front range, unless it snows more, we will be
> riding soon...

No, no, no, don't tell them that. Colorado is a frigid arctic wasteland with the Front Range having
freezing temperatures and snow from September through June. Stay away.

--
Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (scott patton) wrote:

> With a seattle ready bike (fenders) one could EASILY ride here today. Head up into the mountains,
> you are going to find some un-fun stuff, but the front range, unless it snows more, we will be
> riding soon...

Fenders, schmenders. I was on the road in Colorado Springs for two hours this afternoon and didn't
even get the dreaded Butt Crack Racing Stripe from the rear wheel. This state is so parched after
six years of drought that it sucked up this teensy snowfall like Robert Downey Jr. horning a line
off Calista Flockhart's shrunken little tummy.

Wait until the place catches fire later this summer. That sort of thing really separates the men
from the boys. There's nothing that builds the old quads like a good city-limit sprint on a red-hot
bike with sticky, melting tires. You get a fine upper-body workout from beating out the flames on
your jersey, too.

Patrick O'Grady Mad Dog Media http://www.maddogmedia.com

In article <[email protected]>, Michael Fuhr <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (scott patton) writes:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>, JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >so how are those indoor trainers feeling for those of you on the front range of Colorado? dont
>> >worry, it looks like you will be able to hit the pavement again sometime in
>> >April......lololololo
>
>[snip]
>
>> One of the beauties of the Front Range area is the speed at which snow falls. The other is the
>> speed at which snow melts.
>>
>> With a seattle ready bike (fenders) one could EASILY ride here today. Head up into the mountains,
>> you are going to find some un-fun stuff, but the front range, unless it snows more, we will be
>> riding soon...
>
>No, no, no, don't tell them that. Colorado is a frigid arctic wasteland with the Front Range having
>freezing temperatures and snow from September through June. Stay away.
>
>--
>Michael Fuhr http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

****! You are right...

It sucks here.

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
Web Services

Dude, you crack me up!

"Patrick O'Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (scott patton) wrote:
>

> > With a seattle ready bike (fenders) one could EASILY ride here today. Head up into the
> > mountains, you are going to find some un-fun stuff, but the front range, unless it snows more,
> > we will be riding soon...
> >

> Fenders, schmenders. I was on the road in Colorado Springs for two hours this afternoon and didn't
> even get the dreaded Butt Crack Racing Stripe from the rear wheel. This state is so parched after
> six years of drought that it sucked up this teensy snowfall like Robert Downey Jr. horning a line
> off Calista Flockhart's shrunken little tummy.
>
> Wait until the place catches fire later this summer. That sort of thing really separates the men
> from the boys. There's nothing that builds the old quads like a good city-limit sprint on a
> red-hot bike with sticky, melting tires. You get a fine upper-body workout from beating out the
> flames on your jersey, too.
>
> Patrick O'Grady Mad Dog Media http://www.maddogmedia.com

jnelson-<< it looks like you will be able to hit the pavement again sometime in
April......lololololo

Streets are almost clear now-will be riding tommorrow...

66 degrees and sunny here in beautiful Pennsylvania (near Philly)! I actually rode in a short
sleeved jersey today. And no crash on our testosterone fueled 50 miler (for a change)!

Cat