Front Shock Help!

skelonas

Sep 4, 2005
Hello All-->
I need a new fork for my GT IDrive 1.0 (with fox float RS) and was hoping to get some advice. It came with a Judy SL air assist 100mm which is now toast (worn bushings and seals). That fork did everything I could ask for, during it's 5 year stint, and I rode like crazy, raced in 24 hour races, and did absolutely no maintenance. I've never ridden anything better, so I have no frame of reference, but I figure I may as well put in a little extra $ to make my ride more versatile.

Anyway, I was looking at the minute 1.00 for $300 and the mx comp ETA for $230 (120mm) or $210 (105mm). I like the idea of having 130mm (minute one) for downhills, as I'm living in santa barbara where a lot of the trails are more downhill oriented than i'm used to... but if having the fork at 130 will mess up my geometry and/or put too much stress on the frame, then obviously there is no value in it. Ideally, I want something that is going to give me better crosscountry/climbing performance and at the same time, better downhill performance. Seems like either one may do the trick, but if longer travel will jack things up, then I may as well forget DH, and get a 100mm fork. I'm an experienced and serious rider, but a novice when it comes to gear knowledge! Please help me pick the best fork to get me back out on the trail! Thank you so much!