Front Suspension Forks

Damian Parker

Guest
Hi All,

I have a question regarding front suspension forks. I've maybe got 500miles on my bike about 2 years
old. Just really starting to get back into cycling now I can take out both my daughters in the
trailer. However I seem to have some "play" in the forks. THey seem to have gone really soft
compared to what I remember and when using the front brake its almost like there is movement in the
fork itself. Its nothing to do with the head, cos I've checked that. can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Damian Parker Damosoft www.damosoft.co.uk

> I have a question regarding front suspension forks. I've maybe got
500miles
> on my bike about 2 years old. Just really starting to get back into
cycling
> now I can take out both my daughters in the trailer. However I seem to
have
> some "play" in the forks. THey seem to have gone really soft compared to what I remember and when
> using the front brake its almost like there is movement in the fork itself. Its nothing to do with
> the head, cos I've checked that. can anyone offer any advice?

Tell us the make and model please. (Of the forks)

John

The bike is Cycling Ltd, Concept 2000 Series on the frame it says XFS200

The front forks are Logan 760.

"Eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > I have a question regarding front suspension forks. I've maybe got
> 500miles
> > on my bike about 2 years old. Just really starting to get back into
> cycling
> > now I can take out both my daughters in the trailer. However I seem to
> have
> > some "play" in the forks. THey seem to have gone really soft compared
> > what I remember and when using the front brake its almost like there is movement in the fork
> > itself. Its nothing to do with the head, cos I've checked that. can anyone offer any advice?
>
> Tell us the make and model please. (Of the forks)
>
> John

The bike is Cycling Ltd, Concept 2000 Series on the frame it says XFS200

The front forks are Logan 760.

"Eatmorepies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > I have a question regarding front suspension forks. I've maybe got
> 500miles
> > on my bike about 2 years old. Just really starting to get back into
> cycling
> > now I can take out both my daughters in the trailer. However I seem to
> have
> > some "play" in the forks. THey seem to have gone really soft compared
> > what I remember and when using the front brake its almost like there is movement in the fork
> > itself. Its nothing to do with the head, cos I've checked that. can anyone offer any advice?
>
> Tell us the make and model please. (Of the forks)
>
> John

"Damian Parker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The bike is Cycling Ltd, Concept 2000 Series on the frame it says XFS200
>
> The front forks are Logan 760.

Never heard of them which means: 1, They're rare and expensive pieces of exotica. 2, They're cheap
and cheerful supermarket bike specials.

If they are the former refer to the supplier. If the latter they're about par for the course which
is the reason serious riders aim to buy forks as near to 1 as they can afford. Seriously, if they
are cheapies it's most probably not cost effective to repair them. Maybe they've got poor quality
bushes and springs. If the springs are poor quality elastomers the warm weather will make them
softer (as indeed it will to good quality elastomers but to a lesser degree).

Pete