Front tire preferences

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bob, May 19, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I have been riding a Hutchison Python Tubeless this winter and in the muddy sections it drifts
    fairly easily across the tread pattern making it necessary not to oversteer.

    The Hutchison Mosquittos weren't much better and had a tendency to find any and all sharp objects
    for flats.

    I run panaracer FireFox XC on the rear which is nice.

    What are some favorites for front that give good grip in light mud or slippery sections? I
    run tubeless.

    Good riding...

    Bob

    Tags:

  2. Bob wrote:
    > I have been riding a Hutchison Python Tubeless this winter and in the muddy sections it drifts
    > fairly easily across the tread pattern making it necessary not to oversteer.
    >
    > The Hutchison Mosquittos weren't much better and had a tendency to find any and all sharp objects
    > for flats.
    >
    > I run panaracer FireFox XC on the rear which is nice.
    >
    > What are some favorites for front that give good grip in light mud or slippery sections? I run
    > tubeless.
    >
    > Good riding...
    >
    > Bob

    The Conti Explorer UST works pretty well in the soft stuff. It comes in a 2.1 and a 2.3.

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

  3. > What are some favorites for front that give good grip in light mud or slippery sections?

    Well, I'd say get a Panaracer Fire XC Pro for the front. I've been running those front and rear for
    about 1000 miles, very nice and grippy tires, though they've got plenty of rolling resistance. Mine
    are tubeless too.

    Juho Finland

  4. Fred Hinkson

    Fred Hinkson Guest

    Panaracer Duster II,Michelin S Lite green Silica, IRC KUJO, but by no means go for Kenda KLAW XT.
    Slippery when wet.

    MTB Ride hard die free.