Front wheel noise on new Giant OCR2

GIP927

Aug 6, 2007
I recently purchased a new OCR-2 Giant Road bike. After 200-miles the front wheel has developed a noise which sound like it is hitting one of the pads on the brake. It only happens when your going over 18mph. I adjusted the pads to be further away from the rim but once you hit a speed of 18-plus the noise is back. I also tried loosening the quick release to take pressure off the bearing area but that didn't do anything. I have had the bike back to the shop twice and they have been unable to figure it out.
My question is does anyone else had an experience like this? Is it possible that the wheel wobbles only at high speeds and that is when it rubs the brake shoe. When it is in the shop the wheel turns true.

It could be when you are riding faster that you are putting more flex on the wheel. I have had that problem with a wheel before that when going hard it would touch the computer speed magnet which had moved slighty closer than normal. So i would look not just at the break pads but anything else they may touch. Also try the breaks out so far they cannot possibly touch. If possible try another wheel - the bike shop must have one you can ride up and down the road on to see if the noise duplicates.

GIP927 said:
I recently purchased a new OCR-2 Giant Road bike. After 200-miles the front wheel has developed a noise which sound like it is hitting one of the pads on the brake. It only happens when your going over 18mph. I adjusted the pads to be further away from the rim but once you hit a speed of 18-plus the noise is back. I also tried loosening the quick release to take pressure off the bearing area but that didn't do anything. I have had the bike back to the shop twice and they have been unable to figure it out.
My question is does anyone else had an experience like this? Is it possible that the wheel wobbles only at high speeds and that is when it rubs the brake shoe. When it is in the shop the wheel turns true.
if it is a squeaking noise it may be the rubber seal on the hub. i had that noise on mine for a while, eventually though it disappeared. t'was similar in the fact that it only happened at certain speeds