Froome

LongTimeeer

Jun 28, 2013
I understand about power to weight and being as lean as possible, especially for climbers, but Froome looks awful.

Anorexic and skeletal come to mind.

Never noticed this to the same degree with past riders like Indurain, Lance, Merckx, etc.

Froome, to be blunt, just looks sick and unhealthy. Not a very positive image for cycling.

He looks positively corpulent compared to the Chicken, i.e. Michael Rasmussen:
post-8954-079485500-1277297243.jpg
skeletor1.jpg

Originally Posted by LongTimeeer .

I understand about power to weight and being as lean as possible, especially for climbers, but Froome looks awful.

Anorexic and skeletal come to mind.

Never noticed this to the same degree with past riders like Indurain, Lance, Merckx, etc.

Froome, to be blunt, just looks sick and unhealthy. Not a very positive image for cycling.
I also notice that when Froome is riding, he spends an inordinate amount of time looking at his powerometer (on his handle bars).

Originally Posted by limerickman .

I also notice that when Froome is riding, he spends an inordinate amount of time looking at his powerometer (on his handle bars).
As good as he is, he's very ugly on the bike

Originally Posted by steve .

As good as he is, he's very ugly on the bike

He's not the most fluent rider. For a man who seems to take the science aspect of the sport so seriously I would have thought that Froome would have worked on that aspect of his performance.

limerickman said:
He's not the most fluent rider. For a man who seems to take the science aspect of the sport so seriously I would have thought that Froome would have worked on that aspect of his performance.
If the science says, however, that what he is doing is working, how it looks doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by alienator .

If the science says, however, that what he is doing is working, how it looks doesn't matter.
That's true. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.