Frozen Tortellini

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,

    Tags:

  2. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    I'd use them in broth, chicken preferably. Some
    sliced green onions and a splash of sherry would
    be good. Sort of a quickie wonton soup.
    Did you win any money? See any good shows?
    Goomba

  3. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

    Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
    Kreplach / won ton.

    ;-)

    Dimitri

    Kreplach
    "Kreplach are often made for the Purim feast. They are dumplings filled with
    meat, onions, and spices. They can be served in chicken soup (similar to won
    ton soup) or fried and served as a side dish. This recipe is for ground beef
    kreplach but you could also use chicken or other vegetables to make a
    vegetarian version. If you prefer, you may leave the cinnamon and walnuts
    out of this recipe." Original recipe yield: 45 dumplings.

  4. spamalicious

    spamalicious Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    How about tossing them in some pesto?

    N.

  5. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think
    > it's the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream
    > sauce). Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using
    > noodles? Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    Pesto and pine nuts?

    Jill <--glad you had a good time!

  6. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    Butter and parmesian cheese?

    What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?

    Bob

  7. In article <b%[email protected]>, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think
    > > it's the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream
    > > sauce). Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using
    > > noodles? Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    > Pesto and pine nuts?
    >
    > Jill <--glad you had a good time!

    I'm starting to think that I'll be working my way through the stuff on
    my own. I might get him to eat them in soup, but not much else.
    Actually, he'd eat them, but only out of respect for the cook.
    Actually, I think he just doesn't like tortellini. In any version.
    Thanks, Jillsie.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]SPAMverizon.net
    wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > >
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    > How about tossing them in some pesto?
    >
    > N.

    For me, yes. For him, it'd be a loser. See my response to Jill.
    Thanks for the reply, though.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
    > > --
    > > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

    > Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
    > Kreplach / won ton.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Dimitri

    That's going to be the only way he'll do it, I think, Dimitri. And
    likely what supper will be. Need to get those puppies out of the
    freezer. I've got a chunk of turkey in the freezer, too. Will add that
    to the broth. Ta.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  10. In article <[email protected]>, Goomba38
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > >
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    > I'd use them in broth, chicken preferably. Some
    > sliced green onions and a splash of sherry would
    > be good. Sort of a quickie wonton soup.
    > Did you win any money? See any good shows?
    > Goomba

    Lost my shirt but not my a**. Actually, I came home with some money --
    see my Trip Report. Without that one win, I'd be screwed. And speaking
    of THAT -- we saw Zumanity. <heavy breathing>. And Rita Rudner. She
    was a kick -- see my sig line? The tortellini are going into soup.
    Thanks!
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  11. In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > >
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    > Butter and parmesian cheese?
    >
    > What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
    >
    > Bob

    Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
    nuts about anything I do with them.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  12. In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > >
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    > Butter and parmesian cheese?
    >
    > What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
    >
    > Bob

    Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
    nuts about anything I do with them.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold

    > Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
    > Kreplach / won ton.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Dimitri

    I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
    instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
    nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
    Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  14. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    >> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    >> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    >> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    >> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    >> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    >> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
    >> > --
    >> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

    >> Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
    >> Kreplach / won ton.
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Dimitri

    > That's going to be the only way he'll do it, I think, Dimitri. And
    > likely what supper will be. Need to get those puppies out of the
    > freezer. I've got a chunk of turkey in the freezer, too. Will add that
    > to the broth. Ta.

    Don't forget some frozen peas and carrots

    ;-)

    All the best to Rob.

    Dimitri

    On a lark serve with some lemon wedges on the side and let Rob try a little
    lemon in the chicken soup - maybe a separate bowl to try the lemon and Soup

    Dimitri

  15. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    <SNIP>

    > I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
    > instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
    > nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
    > Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.

    You're kidding its

    2°F
    Feels Like
    -20°F

    Dimitri

  16. Pan Ohco

    Pan Ohco Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:52 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.

    >> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    >> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    >> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    >> Butter and parmesian cheese?
    >> What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
    >>
    >> Bob

    >Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
    >nuts about anything I do with them.

    How about just oil and garlic. Tasty and simple.

    Pan Ohco

    The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
    Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
    Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
    --Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.

  17. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Pan Ohco wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:52 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>Butter and parmesian cheese?
    >>>What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
    >>>
    >>>Bob

    >>Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
    >>nuts about anything I do with them.

    > How about just oil and garlic. Tasty and simple.
    >
    > Pan Ohco

    Butter, olive oil, garlic, and *shrimp*. Rob can pick out 2/3 of the
    shrimp and leave all the noodles and some of the shrimps for Barb.

    Bob

  18. Victor Sack

    Victor Sack Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?

    Tortellini in brodo is a bolognese classic.

    Bubba

  19. Damsel

    Damsel Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:31:29 GMT, "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >2°F
    >Feels Like
    >-20°F

    -4 here, windchill is -26

    It's supposed to get a lot colder.

    Carol in Southern Minnesota

  20. In article <1gqcmwv.1hsm5fdnl3396N%[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Victor Sack) wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?

    > Tortellini in brodo is a bolognese classic.
    >
    > Bubba

    How about Tortellini in Spicy Chicken Tortilla-less Brodo, Bubba?

    The joke's on me, folks: I must've used them up -- I have none in the
    freezer. And I used a can of jalapeños instead of green chilies --
    hushpuppadinisniki! This be hot stuff! I'm hoping the sour cream will
    tone down the bite a little. If not, Professor Rob may be nuking
    himself a potpie for supper. Yikes!