Frozen Tortellini

Melba's Jammin'

Guest
Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
-Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

I'd use them in broth, chicken preferably. Some
sliced green onions and a splash of sherry would
be good. Sort of a quickie wonton soup.
Did you win any money? See any good shows?
Goomba

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
Kreplach / won ton.

;-)

Dimitri

Kreplach
"Kreplach are often made for the Purim feast. They are dumplings filled with
meat, onions, and spices. They can be served in chicken soup (similar to won
ton soup) or fried and served as a side dish. This recipe is for ground beef
kreplach but you could also use chicken or other vegetables to make a
vegetarian version. If you prefer, you may leave the cinnamon and walnuts
out of this recipe." Original recipe yield: 45 dumplings.

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

How about tossing them in some pesto?

N.

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think
> it's the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream
> sauce). Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using
> noodles? Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

Pesto and pine nuts?

Jill <--glad you had a good time!

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

Butter and parmesian cheese?

What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?

Bob

In article <b%[email protected]>, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think
> > it's the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream
> > sauce). Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using
> > noodles? Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

> Pesto and pine nuts?
>
> Jill <--glad you had a good time!

I'm starting to think that I'll be working my way through the stuff on
my own. I might get him to eat them in soup, but not much else.
Actually, he'd eat them, but only out of respect for the cook.
Actually, I think he just doesn't like tortellini. In any version.
Thanks, Jillsie.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05

In article <DRxFd.12$Dz2.3@trndny09>, [email protected]
wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> >
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

> How about tossing them in some pesto?
>
> N.

For me, yes. For him, it'd be a loser. See my response to Jill.
Thanks for the reply, though.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

> Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
> Kreplach / won ton.
>
> ;-)
>
> Dimitri

That's going to be the only way he'll do it, I think, Dimitri. And
likely what supper will be. Need to get those puppies out of the
freezer. I've got a chunk of turkey in the freezer, too. Will add that
to the broth. Ta.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

In article <[email protected]>, Goomba38
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> >
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

> I'd use them in broth, chicken preferably. Some
> sliced green onions and a splash of sherry would
> be good. Sort of a quickie wonton soup.
> Did you win any money? See any good shows?
> Goomba

Lost my shirt but not my a**. Actually, I came home with some money --
see my Trip Report. Without that one win, I'd be screwed. And speaking
of THAT -- we saw Zumanity. <heavy breathing>. And Rita Rudner. She
was a kick -- see my sig line? The tortellini are going into soup.
Thanks!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> >
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

> Butter and parmesian cheese?
>
> What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
>
> Bob

Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
nuts about anything I do with them.
--

<[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
> >
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

> Butter and parmesian cheese?
>
> What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
>
> Bob

Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
nuts about anything I do with them.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold

> Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
> Kreplach / won ton.
>
> ;-)
>
> Dimitri

I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
"I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
>> > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
>> > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
>> > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
>> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
>> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
>> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!
>> > --
>> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> More on 1-4-05

>> Boil the daylights out of them in a good Chicken soup and call them
>> Kreplach / won ton.
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Dimitri

> That's going to be the only way he'll do it, I think, Dimitri. And
> likely what supper will be. Need to get those puppies out of the
> freezer. I've got a chunk of turkey in the freezer, too. Will add that
> to the broth. Ta.

Don't forget some frozen peas and carrots

;-)

All the best to Rob.

Dimitri

On a lark serve with some lemon wedges on the side and let Rob try a little
lemon in the chicken soup - maybe a separate bowl to try the lemon and Soup

Dimitri

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<SNIP>

> I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
> instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
> nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
> Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.

You're kidding its

2°F
Feels Like
-20°F

Dimitri

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:52 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.

>> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
>> > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
>> > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

>> Butter and parmesian cheese?
>> What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
>>
>> Bob

>Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
>nuts about anything I do with them.

How about just oil and garlic. Tasty and simple.

Pan Ohco

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
--Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.

Pan Ohco wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:52 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Butter and parmesian cheese?
>>>What about vodka sauce; is that too much like cream sauce?
>>>
>>>Bob

>>Butter and parm would be good for me. I don't think he's going to be
>>nuts about anything I do with them.

> How about just oil and garlic. Tasty and simple.
>
> Pan Ohco

Butter, olive oil, garlic, and *shrimp*. Rob can pick out 2/3 of the
shrimp and leave all the noodles and some of the shrimps for Barb.

Bob

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?

Tortellini in brodo is a bolognese classic.

Bubba

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:31:29 GMT, "Dimitri" <[email protected]> wrote:

>2°F
>Feels Like
>-20°F

-4 here, windchill is -26

It's supposed to get a lot colder.

Carol in Southern Minnesota

In article <1gqcmwv.1hsm5fdnl3396N%[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Victor Sack) wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?

> Tortellini in brodo is a bolognese classic.
>
> Bubba

How about Tortellini in Spicy Chicken Tortilla-less Brodo, Bubba?

The joke's on me, folks: I must've used them up -- I have none in the
freezer. And I used a can of jalapeños instead of green chilies --
hushpuppadinisniki! This be hot stuff! I'm hoping the sour cream will
tone down the bite a little. If not, Professor Rob may be nuking
himself a potpie for supper. Yikes!