Frozen Tortellini

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Jan 13, 2005.

  1. In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Pan Ohco wrote:

    (snip)

    > > How about just oil and garlic. Tasty and simple.
    > >
    > > Pan Ohco

    > Butter, olive oil, garlic, and *shrimp*. Rob can pick out 2/3 of the
    > shrimp and leave all the noodles and some of the shrimps for Barb.
    >
    > Bob

    Heh! See my reply to Bubba Vic.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >

    > > I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
    > > instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
    > > nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
    > > Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.

    > You're kidding its
    >
    > 2°F
    > Feels Like
    > -20°F
    >
    > Dimitri

    Go whine somewhere else, Pal. We're looking at -20 tonight. We love it
    here, we love it here, we love it here. Keeps out the riffraff.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  3. Ken Davey

    Ken Davey Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Goomba38
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >>
    >>> Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    >>> What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    >>> salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think
    >>> it's the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of
    >>> cream sauce).
    >>>
    >>> Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    >>> Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    >>> -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    >> I'd use them in broth, chicken preferably. Some
    >> sliced green onions and a splash of sherry would
    >> be good. Sort of a quickie wonton soup.
    >> Did you win any money? See any good shows?
    >> Goomba
    >>

    > Lost my shirt but not my a**. Actually, I came home with some money -
    > - see my Trip Report. Without that one win, I'd be screwed. And
    > speaking of THAT -- we saw Zumanity. <heavy breathing>. And Rita
    > Rudner. She was a kick -- see my sig line? The tortellini are
    > going into soup. Thanks!

    Old joke about Las Vegas:
    Went there in a $10,000.00 Caddy.
    Came back in a $100,000.00 Greyhound.

    Ken.

    --
    http://www.rupert.net/~solar
    Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

  4. PENMART01

    PENMART01 Guest

    Melba's Jammin' writes:

    >(Victor Sack) wrote:
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >>
    >> > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?

    Nah... cook em in plain salted water and then add to the broth just at
    serving... stuffed pasta and/or egg noodles should not be cooked in the broth
    in which it will be served... otherwise you may as well used canned soup, where
    there's no difference in flavor between the various ingredients. To put it
    crudely why bother at all to wrought home made stuffed pasta if after all that
    effort no one will be able to tell whether it's to eat or already been shit,
    really.

    >> Tortellini in brodo is a bolognese classic.
    >>
    >> Bubba

    >How about Tortellini in Spicy Chicken Tortilla-less Brodo, Bubba?
    >
    >The joke's on me, folks: I must've used them up -- I have none in the
    >freezer.

    ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    *********
    Sheldon
    ````````````

  5. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini? Forget the cold
    > salad--he doesn't like that, either. Come to think of it, I think it's
    > the tortellini he's not wild about (plus the very idea of cream sauce).
    > Dare I throw some in some chicken broth instead of using noodles?
    > Tomato sauce? (I don't like that idea.)
    > -Barb, back from Lost Wages -- we had a ball!

    Saute some crushed garlic, diced shallot in plenty of olive oil and a
    little butter. That's all. Goes well with tortellini.

  6. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    <snip>

    >> You're kidding its
    >>
    >> 2°F
    >> Feels Like
    >> -20°F
    >>
    >> Dimitri
    >>

    > Go whine somewhere else, Pal. We're looking at -20 tonight. We love it
    > here, we love it here, we love it here. Keeps out the riffraff.
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>

    Some times I look at a cup that shows a Minnesota Family all bundled
    up...... "we love it here"

    LOL

    Dimitri

  7. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>
    >><SNIP>
    >>

    >>>I think I'll make Nancy's chicken tortilla soup and use the tortellini
    >>>instead of tortillas. Or something. We're going to freeze off our
    >>>nubbins here this week -- something spicy would not be a bad thing!
    >>>Gotta hit the store anyway -- need to run my car.

    >>You're kidding its
    >>
    >>2°F
    >>Feels Like
    >>-20°F
    >>
    >>Dimitri
    >>

    > Go whine somewhere else, Pal. We're looking at -20 tonight. We love it
    > here, we love it here, we love it here. Keeps out the riffraff.

    Minus 18 degrees here this morning (that's -28°C), but not nearly as
    windy as last night. I had to go out and dig around in the garage and
    find the battery charger and use it to warm up the battery in Wife's car
    to make sure it would start. Of course my truck (parked on the street
    all night) started just fine without any help -- that's what trucks do.

    "Invigorating." That's what I keep telling myself. In a couple of
    weeks I plant the first of my pepper seeds, and that always helps.

    Best regards,
    Bob, where it has warmed up to -13°F

  8. In article <[email protected]>, "Dimitri"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Go whine somewhere else, Pal. We're looking at -20 tonight. We love it
    > > here, we love it here, we love it here. Keeps out the riffraff.
    > > --
    > > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com>

    > Some times I look at a cup that shows a Minnesota Family all bundled
    > up...... "we love it here"
    >
    > LOL

    I gotta get some more of those if they still have them. Strib closed
    its street store so I'd have to check online. It's warmed up -- it's
    only -12 now. :)

    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Trip Report and pics added 1-13-05
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and say,
    'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner, performance
    at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  9. In article <[email protected]>, Stan Horwitz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Goomba's cream sauce thing sounds good, but Rob would never eat it.
    > > What else can I do with my frozen tortellini?

    > Saute some crushed garlic, diced shallot in plenty of olive oil and a
    > little butter. That's all. Goes well with tortellini.

    Sounds good. If I ever buy another bag of them, I'll try to remember
    it. Thanks, Stan.