Fruita Conditions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Pat, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    I should be there 16 & 17 April. What's it like at present? I gather you don't ride in the mud -
    here in the UK we usually don't have a choice! (Although it's not sticky mud in my part of Yorkshire
    - UK) To best experience the Bookcliffs in one day should I do the Edge or link a variety of 18 Road
    rides. I'd like to eyeball Independence Rock. Is there a way to do this well from a bike (doesn't
    have to be technical) or should I walk or drive? Thanks, Pat.

    Tags:

  2. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I should be there 16 & 17 April. What's it like at present? I gather you
    don't
    > ride in the mud - here in the UK we usually don't have a choice! (Although
    it's
    > not sticky mud in my part of Yorkshire - UK) To best experience the Bookcliffs in one day should I
    > do the Edge or link
    > variety of 18 Road rides. I'd like to eyeball Independence Rock. Is there a way to do this
    > well from
    a bike
    > (doesn't have to be technical) or should I walk or drive? Thanks, Pat.

    Coming from the UK to ride the rocks?

    Nice

    Presently the dirt is nice and duffed... but I am sure it could change in the next 10 minutes. It
    sort of works like that in the high desert.

    I hope you find the goods. You might prod a guy named... JD...he could let you know up to the second
    stats. He is not so bad really.

    darsh

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    All I have to say is... if you go to Grand Mesa, watch out for skeeters!

    -John Morgan...debating a trip to Colorado again this year.

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > I should be there 16 & 17 April. What's it like at present? I gather you
    > don't
    > > ride in the mud - here in the UK we usually don't have a choice! (Although
    > it's
    > > not sticky mud in my part of Yorkshire - UK) To best experience the Bookcliffs in one day should
    > > I do the Edge or link
    > > variety of 18 Road rides. I'd like to eyeball Independence Rock. Is there a way to do this
    > > well from
    > a bike
    > > (doesn't have to be technical) or should I walk or drive? Thanks, Pat.
    >

    > Coming from the UK to ride the rocks?
    >
    > Nice
    >
    > Presently the dirt is nice and duffed... but I am sure it could change in the next 10 minutes. It
    > sort of works like that in the high desert.
    >
    > I hope you find the goods. You might prod a guy named... JD...he could let you know up to the
    > second stats. He is not so bad really.
    >
    > darsh

    Maybe you should inquire of Pat's color before sicking him on that *racist pig.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > All I have to say is... if you go to Grand Mesa, watch out for skeeters!
    >
    > -John Morgan...debating a trip to Colorado again this year.

    Screw that! Nothing worse than a flying hypodermic needle with a brain.
    --
    Slacker

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I should be there 16 & 17 April. What's it like at present? I gather you don't ride in the mud -
    > here in the UK we usually don't have a choice! (Although it's not sticky mud in my part of
    > Yorkshire - UK) To best experience the Bookcliffs in one day should I do the Edge or link a
    > variety of 18 Road rides. I'd like to eyeball Independence Rock. Is there a way to do this well
    > from a bike (doesn't have to be technical) or should I walk or drive? Thanks, Pat.

    Independence Monument is on NPS land, so you can't ride up to it.

    It snowed again and the trails are currently a bit wet in places. The Edge Loop still has snow on
    top and is impassable.

    For current conditions: http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/gvtrails

    Drop the webmaster of that site an email if you want further.

    JD

  7. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Thanks for your help, guys. I'd better pack some warm clothes! (We have just had 2 weeks of
    brilliant early season weather here) Pat.