Fruita Fest?

p e t e f a g e r l i n

Guest
JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be
there this year?

My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just
one over the past few months. I'm doing a solo
burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I have
ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and
into Moab for some riding before the fest.

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be there this year?
>
> My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just one over the past few
> months. I'm doing a solo burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I
> have ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and into Moab for some
> riding before the fest.

I may be able to make a day trip on Saturday and/or Sunday.
Got any rides lined up? Anyone know how the mud will be?

Matt

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be there this year?
>
> My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just one over the past few
> months. I'm doing a solo burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I
> have ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and into Moab for some
> riding before the fest.

I'll be there with the family again this year. I think we arrive on
Thursday evening.

See you then!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be
> there this year?
>
> My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just
> one over the past few months. I'm doing a solo
> burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I have
> ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and
> into Moab for some riding before the fest.

No thugs this year? Yeah, 21 is crazy empty. I used it and 93 once in
a while just as a diversion to the usual I-15 drone.

Right now, it looks like Miles Todd and I will be rolling in on Friday
and staying in the area into the next week with a stop in Mohab on the
way out. If Miles bails, it'll be a solo run on the same days.

As far as rides go, the Barleywine and Clunker Crit are the only real
plan so far. I'll probably hit something less-traveled on Sunday.

Matt, you need to come out for the Barleywine ride on Saturday.

JD

JD wrote:

> Matt, you need to come out for the Barleywine ride on Saturday.

TJ, Matt and Craig for once you should listen to
JD. No mud slog, most folks will shuttle the
Ribbon and lots of barleywine post-ride. It's a
fun ride.

If I don't climb the Ribbon, I'll also do a normal
ride in the am.

Bigfoot is currently sold through in my area but
I'm trying to find some small liquor stores that
might still have a bit left.

Pete

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> JD wrote:
>
>> Matt, you need to come out for the Barleywine ride on Saturday.

> TJ, Matt and Craig for once you should listen to JD. No mud slog, most
> folks will shuttle the Ribbon and lots of barleywine post-ride. It's a
> fun ride.
>
> If I don't climb the Ribbon, I'll also do a normal ride in the am.
>
> Bigfoot is currently sold through in my area but I'm trying to find some
> small liquor stores that might still have a bit left.
>
> Pete

There might be some Bigfoot left here. I'll look. If not I'd always just
drink beer too.

I'm still a maybe, and the family is even a maybe too.
I'll keep working on it.

Any camping nearby that's not at risk of redneck activity on a Saturday
night?

Matt

JD wrote:
> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be
>> there this year?
>>
>> My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just
>> one over the past few months. I'm doing a solo
>> burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I have
>> ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and
>> into Moab for some riding before the fest.

> No thugs this year? Yeah, 21 is crazy empty. I used it and 93 once in
> a while just as a diversion to the usual I-15 drone.
>
> Right now, it looks like Miles Todd and I will be rolling in on Friday
> and staying in the area into the next week with a stop in Mohab on the
> way out. If Miles bails, it'll be a solo run on the same days.
>
> As far as rides go, the Barleywine and Clunker Crit are the only real
> plan so far. I'll probably hit something less-traveled on Sunday.
>
> Matt, you need to come out for the Barleywine ride on Saturday.
>
> JD

I would be interested in the Barleywine ride, please keep me informed.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

I will be attending the AMB NC rally. I am going to Raleigh for "training"
I gotta learn about how to keep an MRI unit from essploding.

TJ

I've got the time off and "had" planned on attending...

But we've got some people visiting right during the festival. That and
the combination of moving/house purchase has depleted most of my $time$
so it looks like I'll have to put the Fest off until next year.

I'd even brewed a maibock just for the occasion. I'm drowning my
sorrows in it right now.

Bruce

NotaKnob wrote:

> I'd even brewed a maibock just for the occasion. I'm drowning my
> sorrows in it right now.

There's always UPS.

I can get Kevin's address if there's any left.

Next year...

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be there this year?
>
> My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just one over the past few
> months. I'm doing a solo burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I
> have ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and into Moab for some
> riding before the fest.

Bumping this thread up.

I think I'm in barring the unexpected. What's the plan? Should I just go
to the Monument on Saturday and see who's there? Any kind of time estimate?

And for The Ribbon, what's the climb like? How long is the ride? I have
an aversion to shuttles unless it's to avoid stuff like long busy
highways. Of course if I could fit two rides in by shuttling, I may go
for it. I might also just buckle to peer pressure if that's what
everyone is doing.

I doubt I'll drink much bareywine because I think I'll be heading home
afterwards. I'll just get all sloppy once I'm home.

Matt

MattB wrote:
> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be there this year?
> >
> > My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just one over the past few
> > months. I'm doing a solo burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I
> > have ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and into Moab for some
> > riding before the fest.

> Bumping this thread up.
>
> I think I'm in barring the unexpected. What's the plan? Should I just go
> to the Monument on Saturday and see who's there? Any kind of time estimate?
>
> And for The Ribbon, what's the climb like? How long is the ride? I have
> an aversion to shuttles unless it's to avoid stuff like long busy
> highways. Of course if I could fit two rides in by shuttling, I may go
> for it. I might also just buckle to peer pressure if that's what
> everyone is doing.
>
> I doubt I'll drink much bareywine because I think I'll be heading home
> afterwards. I'll just get all sloppy once I'm home.
>
> Matt

I'll zap you and Craig an email later tonight with details on the
Barleywine.

JD

JD wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>>p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>>
>>>JD, Matt, Craig, Bruce, et al, who is going to be there this year?
>>>
>>>My group of 6 Norcal thugs has shrunk down to just one over the past few
>>>months. I'm doing a solo burn across 50, to 21 (the emptiest highway I
>>>have ever driven on. great scenery too)etc., etc. and into Moab for some
>>>riding before the fest.

>>Bumping this thread up.
>>
>>I think I'm in barring the unexpected. What's the plan? Should I just go
>>to the Monument on Saturday and see who's there? Any kind of time estimate?
>>
>>And for The Ribbon, what's the climb like? How long is the ride? I have
>>an aversion to shuttles unless it's to avoid stuff like long busy
>>highways. Of course if I could fit two rides in by shuttling, I may go
>>for it. I might also just buckle to peer pressure if that's what
>>everyone is doing.
>>
>>I doubt I'll drink much bareywine because I think I'll be heading home
>>afterwards. I'll just get all sloppy once I'm home.
>>
>>Matt

> I'll zap you and Craig an email later tonight with details on the
> Barleywine.
>
> JD

Great. Thanks!
If there are any morning options beforehand LMK what those are too!

Matt