Fruitcake - Cake or Quick Bread?

On Tue 13 Dec 2005 03:05:08p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Damsel in dis
Dress?

> The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
> MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
> opinions?
>
> Carol

It's certainly not a quickbread, nor have I ever seen it listed as such in
any cookbook. It is generally listed under cakes, subcategory, fruitcakes.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

On 14 Dec 2005 00:15:47 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue 13 Dec 2005 03:05:08p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Damsel in dis
> Dress?
>
> > The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
> > MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
> > opinions?
> >
> > Carol

> It's certainly not a quickbread, nor have I ever seen it listed as such in
> any cookbook. It is generally listed under cakes, subcategory, fruitcakes.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:05:08 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
>MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
>opinions?
>
>Carol

Why not set up a category for Christmas or Holiday foods. I have one
for Thanksgiving since most of the things I cook then I may also do
for Christmas but rarely any other time of year.
--
Susan N.

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:48:15 -0500, The Cook <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:05:08 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
> >MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
> >opinions?
> >
> >Carol

> Why not set up a category for Christmas or Holiday foods. I have one
> for Thanksgiving since most of the things I cook then I may also do
> for Christmas but rarely any other time of year.

Thanks! I do have a Christmas category. I'll just stick with that
for the fruitcakes. In the US, that's the only time most people make
them.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

In article <[email protected]>,
Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote:

> The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
> MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
> opinions?
>
> Carol

Christmas. Dessert. Miscellaneous. Any or all. It's constructed more
like a cake than a quick bread, IIR,
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake recipes in
> MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff. Any
> opinions?
>
> Carol

In my experience (eating, not baking): Doorstop.

:)

Chris

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> The subject says it all. I'm working on my fruitcake
> recipes in
> MasterCook, and I'm not sure how to categorize the stuff.
> Any
> opinions?
>
> Carol
> --

Cake. A lot of fruit cakes are a pound cake base.

MoM

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:38:29 +0000, "MoM" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Cake. A lot of fruit cakes are a pound cake base.

I tell ya, the batter for this fruitcake is good enough to eat with a
spoon, and forget about the fruit and the oven. It does seem to have
all the components of a pound cake, but i'm not sure if the
proportions are right.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos