Frustration is ...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steven L. Sheff, Apr 26, 2003.

  1. ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...

    AAAAARGH!!!!!

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

    Tags:

  2. Tom M.

    Tom M. Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:38:03 GMT, "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    >
    >AAAAARGH!!!!!

    Maybe Brax can give you some pointer on some 'needlepoint' to occupy your time.

    Tom M.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, "Steven L. Sheffield"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    >
    > AAAAARGH!!!!!

    I thought you were going to say 'rain'.....

    -richard

  4. Ab-12

    Ab-12 Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]...

    > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...

    damn broken elbow is one of the worst injuries someone can take, not as bad as the death injury but
    close to it. how did you broke it? skating or accident?

    AB-12

  5. In article <[email protected]>, "Steven
    L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    >
    > AAAAARGH!!!!!
    oh no! How'd that happen,or dare I ask?

  6. Snake

    Snake Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    >
    > AAAAARGH!!!!!

    OR

    ...having a perfecly gorgeous day to skate, and having your wife tell you she *really* wants you to
    stay home with her and the kid today, even though you had a kickass session at Ballard yesterday and
    were almost pulling off feeble stalls in the shallow end and coming very close to the coping in the
    deep end, and it's "church" at Ballard today and all your friends will be there.

    (now, you wouldn't think I'm talking from experience here, would you?)

    --
    snake Live outside the box

  7. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <.earthlink.net...

    > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    >
    > AAAAARGH!!!!!

    Sorry to hear about the skateboard accident. But a more adult activity like riding a bike you'd get
    more sympathy!

    -Ken

  8. Sitting out the last hour at a skatepark watchin your friends pull off some sick moves whilst your
    stuck coz ya can't even walk coz of a slam on a mini ramp

  9. Snake wrote:

    > ...having a perfecly gorgeous day to skate, and having your wife tell you she *really* wants you
    > to stay home with her and the kid today, even though you had a kickass session at Ballard
    > yesterday and were almost pulling off feeble stalls in the shallow end and coming very close to
    > the coping in the deep end, and it's "church" at Ballard today and all your friends will be there.

    English, please.

  10. In article <[email protected]>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Steven L. Sheffield" <.earthlink.net...
    > >
    > > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ...
    > >
    > > AAAAARGH!!!!!
    > >
    > Sorry to hear about the skateboard accident. But a more adult activity like riding a bike you'd
    > get more sympathy!

    So what makes you think I broke it skating, instead of in a crash on my bike?

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

  11. Snake

    Snake Guest

    Ah, don't speak American, eh? Rough translation to English:

    Oi, when the tickle yer ass with a feather has lifted gifted, and the wife-and-two-veg is harpin on
    ya about the barley veg needs to be achin and stout, when alls ya really wants to do is meet yer
    mates on down to the local shoal for a little skatesie-waitsie, an it's wot they calls "church" at
    Ballard 'cause the crew all meet there to glide the shoal, and you've done cockin' up the greeble
    falls and feel you might be slick up a treat with a bit o' practice.

    --
    snake Live outside the box

  12. Snake wrote:

    > Ah, don't speak American, eh? Rough translation to English:

    OK, the previous language you were using was better.

  13. > > > ... breaking your elbow, so you can't ride or skate ... AAAAARGH!!!!!

    > > Sorry to hear about the skateboard accident. But a more adult activity like riding a bike you'd
    > > get more sympathy!
    >
    > So what makes you think I broke it skating, instead of in a crash on my bike?

    Well, skateboarders and cyclists don't mix, that's the universal concensus.

    > stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net

    Uhm, 'velo' is the latin short for 'bicycle', isn't it (velociped or something)?

    Oh no, my whole world is turned upside down! Noooooo! You traitor! A cyclist in a skateboard
    newsgroup! That's even worse than a cyclist telling a skateboarder he should do a more mature sport
    liking bicycling!

    :)

    PeterV

    P.S. Me personally? I have been trying to avoid bicycling since I found a better job than doing
    paper rounds :))). I have been doing well. I did have two bikes in the past 15 years, but they
    both got stolen within 6 months. Yep, a bike is public property in The Netherlands.

  14. Casper

    Casper Guest

    > ...having a perfecly gorgeous day to skate, and having your wife tell you she *really* wants you
    > to stay home with her and the kid today, even
    though
    > you had a kickass session at Ballard yesterday and were almost pulling off feeble stalls in the
    > shallow end and coming very close to the coping in
    the
    > deep end, and it's "church" at Ballard today and all your friends will be there.
    >
    > (now, you wouldn't think I'm talking from experience here, would you?)

    waw, just imagine that happening to you, hah snake?! :)

    -casp

  15. Casper

    Casper Guest

    > Ah, don't speak American, eh? Rough translation to English:
    >
    > Oi, when the tickle yer ass with a feather has lifted gifted, and the wife-and-two-veg is harpin
    > on ya about the barley veg needs to be achin
    and
    > stout, when alls ya really wants to do is meet yer mates on down to the local shoal for a little
    > skatesie-waitsie, an it's wot they calls "church" at Ballard 'cause the crew all meet there to
    > glide the shoal, and you've done cockin' up the greeble falls and feel you might be slick up a
    > treat with a bit o' practice.

    WAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! like: *hilarious* :-D i had troubles staying on my chair reading this
    one....dude...

    -casp

  16. Casper

    Casper Guest

    > > > Sorry to hear about the skateboard accident. But a more adult activity like riding a bike
    > > > you'd get more sympathy!
    > >
    > > So what makes you think I broke it skating, instead of in a crash on my bike?

    there you go: whot've you got to say 'bout *that* mister "i'm-an-ass-
    for-telling-people-skating-is-immature-and-skaters- should-ride-a-bike-instead-
    of-a-board-bla-bla-bla- bla-bla", hah?

    > Well, skateboarders and cyclists don't mix, that's the universal
    concensus.

    !big word - big word - big word! !alert! !system overload! like: *wtf?* does that mean?

    > Uhm, 'velo' is the latin short for 'bicycle', isn't it (velociped or something)?

    yes, my dear collegue, i think i must share your opinion on this subject. i appear to remember very
    vague that the word "velo" has a certain latin origin. even more: "velo" is the most common dialect
    word in dutch. in very specific cases, it is even contracted to "vlo", what would in theory be the
    same as that other dutch word, which carries the meaning of "flea". But this comletely aside...

    > Oh no, my whole world is turned upside down! Noooooo! You traitor! A
    cyclist
    > in a skateboard newsgroup! That's even worse than a cyclist telling a skateboarder he should do a
    > more mature sport liking bicycling!
    >
    > :)

    whot's with the smiley? i don't think it's funny. it's pure serious bussines!

    > PeterV
    >
    > P.S. Me personally? I have been trying to avoid bicycling since I found a better job than doing
    > paper rounds :))). I have been doing well. I did
    have
    > two bikes in the past 15 years, but they both got stolen within 6 months. Yep, a bike is public
    > property in The Netherlands.

    your bike getting stolen is not becoz of the people there think it's public property, it's
    1) becoz of people from the netherlands or in general to cheap to by a bike
    2) becoz of the high level of foreign people how very often appear to end up as criminals. i'm not
    accusing, only refuting statistics.

    -casp

  17. Me

    Me Guest

    a X-posted flame war........

    David S Rigby wrote:

    > Sitting out the last hour at a skatepark watchin your friends pull off some sick moves whilst your
    > stuck coz ya can't even walk coz of a slam on a mini ramp

  18. > > P.S. Me personally? I have been trying to avoid bicycling since I found
    > > better job than doing paper rounds :))). I have been doing well. I did have two bikes in the
    > > past 15 years, but they both got stolen within 6 months. Yep, a bike is public property in The
    > > Netherlands.
    >
    > your bike getting stolen is not becoz of the people there think it's
    public
    > property, it's
    > 1) becoz of people from the netherlands or in general to cheap to by a
    bike
    > 2) becoz of the high level of foreign people how very often appear to end
    up
    > as criminals. i'm not accusing, only refuting statistics.

    Uhm, for the second point, I'm sorry, but I disagree. Not in the least because people seeking asylum
    get a bike for free in The Netherlands. And anyway, there is not a high level of foreign people.
    There is a high level of originally non-Dutch people in the Netherlands, but they have been
    naturalized and therefore are not foreigners anymore. We of course have our problems with Jugoslavic
    people, who fled Jugoslavia after it collapsed, taking lots of guns with them, now selling them on
    the black market, hiring themselves as cheap assassins, and/or creating a whole new mafia here.
    Wanna buy a gun? Ask a Jugoslavian.

    Nope, the times the most bikes are stolen are on friday night and saturday night, by drunk people
    who live one or more villages away and missed the last train or bus. Seriously: me and my friends
    have done it numerous times
    :). After usage, the bike is dumped in the foliage somewhere. But I had a
    friend who stored the bikes in his dad's garage. At one time he had over 15 bikes :).

    My bikes were both stolen on friday nights.

    PeterV

  19. In article <[email protected]>, "Peter de Vroomen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > P.S. Me personally? I have been trying to avoid bicycling since I found
    > > > better job than doing paper rounds :))). I have been doing well. I did have two bikes in the
    > > > past 15 years, but they both got stolen within 6 months. Yep, a bike is public property in The
    > > > Netherlands.
    > >
    > > your bike getting stolen is not becoz of the people there think it's
    > public
    > > property, it's
    > > 1) becoz of people from the netherlands or in general to cheap to by a
    > bike
    > > 2) becoz of the high level of foreign people how very often appear to end
    > up
    > > as criminals. i'm not accusing, only refuting statistics.

    Hmmmm ... is Casper a member of the Vlaamse Blok? "Ik ben Vlaming en daar ben ik fier op",
    and all that?

    > Uhm, for the second point, I'm sorry, but I disagree. Not in the least because people seeking
    > asylum get a bike for free in The Netherlands. And anyway, there is not a high level of foreign
    > people. There is a high level of originally non-Dutch people in the Netherlands, but they have
    > been naturalized and therefore are not foreigners anymore. We of course have our problems with
    > Jugoslavic people, who fled Jugoslavia after it collapsed, taking lots of guns with them, now
    > selling them on the black market, hiring themselves as cheap assassins, and/or creating a whole
    > new mafia here. Wanna buy a gun? Ask a Jugoslavian.
    >
    > Nope, the times the most bikes are stolen are on friday night and saturday night, by drunk people
    > who live one or more villages away and missed the last train or bus. Seriously: me and my friends
    > have done it numerous times
    > :). After usage, the bike is dumped in the foliage somewhere. But I had a
    > friend who stored the bikes in his dad's garage. At one time he had over 15 bikes :).
    >
    > My bikes were both stolen on friday nights.
    >
    > PeterV

    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est

  20. Casper

    Casper Guest

    > Velo is actually the French

    well, un vélo is french, but the origine is latin. like *duh* it doesn't mean bike or anything,
    there weren't any bikes in ancient rome or whereever, but velo or an alike word in latin probably
    ment something that had something to do with a bike or riding one or whatever, which caused the word
    to be used to give the bike it's name.

    -casp