FS: 02 Tailwind

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ez Biker :-\), May 11, 2003.

  1. Setup with Conti 20 1/8 tires, with the following included items. Aero Bag, Sigma 800 Computer,
    Planet Bike Light, Bike Lock, Bottle Cage, Road Morph Pump, Zzipper Fairing and Additional tires,
    Hookworms w/tubes. This bike is CLEAN and in perfect condition. Pictures of the bike can be seen at
    the following link.

    photos.yahoo.com/ezbiker_2

    If you have problems viewing the pictures please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you a
    photo(s) of the bike. Price: $800.00
    + S hipping (If out of Ft. Lauderdale Area) Ken aka EZ Biker :)

    Tags:

  2. WOW! Already had an inquiry, but they had a problem with the stated link. So here is the complete
    link address: http://photos.yahoo.com/ezbiker_2 Ken aka EZ Biker :)

    "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Setup with Conti 20 1/8 tires, with the following included items. Aero
    Bag,
    > Sigma 800 Computer, Planet Bike Light, Bike Lock, Bottle Cage, Road Morph Pump, Zzipper Fairing
    > and Additional tires, Hookworms w/tubes. This bike
    is
    > CLEAN and in perfect condition. Pictures of the bike can be seen at the following link.
    >
    > photos.yahoo.com/ezbiker_2
    >
    > If you have problems viewing the pictures please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you
    > a photo(s) of the bike. Price:
    $800.00
    > + S hipping (If out of Ft. Lauderdale Area) Ken aka EZ Biker :)

  3. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    How do you like the Zipper on this bike? How much of a speed difference did you get from the Zipper
    and the tires?

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  4. John I'd say my speed was increased by about 5 mph adding the fairing and the Conti tires. (Had
    Hookworms origionally on it) I have no problem keeping this bike up to 18+ mph for a 30 mile+ ride.
    The Zzipper works wonderfully with the bike. EZ Biker :)

    "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How do you like the Zipper on this bike? How much of a speed difference did you get from the
    > Zipper and the tires?
    >
    > johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  5. John, I ran a Windwrap on my Tailwind and although I percieved an advantage I would say at best it
    was 1.5 mph depending on how it was set up. Fairings seem to me and in my experience work best on
    bikes where the closed position is the norm. That is where one is up close to it. Since I rode my
    Tailwind and V2 VRP (very reclined position) I did not get much if any advantage from the fairing.
    My unscientific real world testing showed that on the V2 with my prefered seat position there was
    vurtually no difference on roll downs and flat roll outs. However, That was not my experience with
    the EasyRacers or the P-38, both of which can benefit greatly from a fairing Zipper or Windwrap.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How do you like the Zipper on this bike? How much of a speed difference did you get from the
    > Zipper and the tires?
    >
    > johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  6. EZ, Have you got you AERO yet? You should have.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > John I'd say my speed was increased by about 5 mph adding the fairing and the Conti tires. (Had
    > Hookworms origionally on it) I have no problem
    keeping
    > this bike up to 18+ mph for a 30 mile+ ride. The Zzipper works wonderfully with the bike. EZ
    > Biker :)
    >

    > "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > How do you like the Zipper on this bike? How much of a speed difference did you get from the
    > > Zipper and the tires?
    > >
    > > johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  7. Brian Hughes

    Brian Hughes Guest

    So how long before your signature block includes the statement "... and Tailwind pilot (4th one)"?

    Brian

  8. WOW Brian, I don't KNOW. I've actually parted with the others under similar circumstances, only to
    grovel back to my LBS and scoop up another one. I'm hoping the Aero will FOREVER change me and that
    I can become at least a faithful 2 bike owner... ;-) Ken aka EZ Biker :)

    "brian hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So how long before your signature block includes the statement "... and Tailwind pilot (4th one)"?
    >
    > Brian

  9. NOPE, Jude, not yet. I had it on order and then had to put a brief pause on it, to take care of some
    dental issues. Now that my teeth aren't going to fall out, I'm making plans to re-establish my
    order. In preparation for this, I'm needing to make some room and hence, the Tailwind (Sadly) needs
    to move. Also, bikes down here in South Florida have to be used regularly, or else dry rot starts
    creeping in. When my Aero gets in, I may ned to worry about my GRR Ti, as it may be on the side
    lines, while I get use to my Aero. Ken aka EZ Biker :)

    "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > EZ, Have you got you AERO yet? You should have.
    >
    > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO

  10. Brian Hughes

    Brian Hughes Guest

    Well at least you clean out your garage. It drives my wife crazy, but I seem to keep my bikes
    forever. Despite purchasing two recumbents and using them as my main rides/daily commutes, I still
    have an old DF road bike hanging up that's over 15-years old, plus a MTB that's past its prime. But
    when I tune them they still work fine, I still ride uprights fairly often, so I've kept them. Heck
    the last time I depart with a bike, it was because it was stolen.

    Brian V-Rex/Tailwind

    "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
    > WOW Brian, I don't KNOW. I've actually parted with the others under
    similar
    > circumstances, only to grovel back to my LBS and scoop up another one. I'm hoping the Aero will
    > FOREVER change me and that I can become at least a faithful 2 bike owner... ;-) Ken aka EZ
    > Biker :)
    >

    > "brian hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So how long before your signature block includes the statement "... and Tailwind pilot (4th
    > > one)"?
    > >
    > > Brian

  11. Gee Brian, I wish I had your garage! Perhaps I would have kept my 2 Rebikes, R-40, R-45, TE, GRR /
    Polished Alum, EZ Cruiser, M5, P-38, Rotator Ti and 2 (Soon to be 3...) Tailwinds. EZ Biker :)
    Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti & Tailwind Pilot)

    "brian hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:C3%[email protected]...
    > Well at least you clean out your garage. It drives my wife crazy, but I seem to keep my bikes
    > forever.

  12. Marci Taylor

    Marci Taylor Guest

    "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > WOW Brian, I don't KNOW. I've actually parted with the others under similar circumstances, only to
    > grovel back to my LBS and scoop up another one. I'm hoping the Aero will FOREVER change me and
    > that I can become at least a faithful 2 bike owner... ;-) Ken aka EZ Biker :)
    >
    > Hi EZE:
    I will be very anxious to know how you end up liking the aero. I have drooled over it many times but
    I just don't like the numb toe thing. Keep me informed if you will. Marci

    > "brian hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So how long before your signature block includes the statement "... and Tailwind pilot (4th
    > > one)"?
    > >
    > > Brian

  13. WOW Marci, I see you haven't forgotten some of my earlier posts and that numb toe feeling, I've
    previously experienced with other SWB'S. I'm IMPRESSED! For the brief time I was on the Aero,
    Strada, Giro and Corsa, I didn't seem to have a problem with the numb toes. You do seem to be more
    cocked back on these bikes but still get a fairly straight or flushed body position feeling. Unlike
    my P-38 and previous Visions, where I felt my legs were actually physically cocked upward. I'm
    incline to believe the Bacchetta's ARE actually more cocked upward, but for some reason, the way
    your body is positioned, especially on the M5 like seat (As opposed to the lounge chair) I got a
    more natural or neutral feel. I've also been exercising on a stationary recumbent, (For a year +
    now) where my feet are actually in a cocked up position, much like on my M5 and how I will be on the
    Aero. (I actually purchased the particular stationary recumbent, specifically to train on for my M5
    and got rid of the one that had a lower front crank / pedal position) I'm excited about joining the
    local Killer B bunch and am lucky I haven't engaged any of them, for the moment. As much as I LOVE
    my GRR Ti (And AM KEEPING IT) I just can't get the Bacchetta ride experience out of my system. Even
    the Giro, was a BLAST to ride! (And now I have to even keep a weary eye on Shari Bernhard, who
    averaged 20+ mph on hers and hung with the local GO FAST SBW cyclists group, this past weekend!!!)
    Other Killer B's are also on the prowl for me too. Jose, Arthur and recently Sergio.(?) I guess in
    some places it's raining men, but in South Florida, it's raining Killer B's!!!!!!!!!!! Alas, Marci,
    I'll keep you and others posted, once I'm assimilated into the hive... Ken aka EZ Biker :) B.O.R.G.
    (Bicyclists On Recumbents Growing)

    "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...> I will be very anxious to know how you end
    up liking the aero. I have > drooled over it many times but I just don't like the numb toe thing.
    > Keep me informed if you will. Marci

  14. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    "Jude T. McGloin" wrote:

    > John, I ran a Windwrap on my Tailwind and although I percieved an advantage I would say at best it
    > was 1.5 mph depending on how it was set up. Fairings seem to me and in my experience work best on
    > bikes where the closed position is the norm. That is where one is up close to it. Since I rode my
    > Tailwind and V2 VRP (very reclined position) I did not get much if any advantage from the fairing.
    > My unscientific real world testing showed that on the V2 with my prefered seat position there was
    > vurtually no difference on roll downs and flat roll outs. However, That was not my experience with
    > the EasyRacers or the P-38, both of which can benefit greatly from a fairing Zipper or Windwrap.

    The Tailwind needs a bodysock to go with the front fairing to make it really fast. With a front
    fairing but without the sock, there is quite a good draft for the following rider (even upright
    riders) but almost all the draft disappears with sock on. The sock is also usable in 30 mph (~50
    kph) steady winds with gusts up to 45 mph (~75 kph) in my riding experience.