FS: 1993 Nike "Welcome to the real world" Cross-Country Running Promo Sheet

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by J.R. Sinclair, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. 1993 Nike "Welcome to the real world" Cross-Country Running Promo Sheet

    I have for sale the 1993 Nike "Welcome to the real world" Cross-Country Running Promotional Litho
    Sheet #5391. The sheet measures 15 3/4" x 34 1/2" is in full-color and features a male and female,
    running cross-country, with mountains and foothills in the background. The 1993 Nike "Welcome to the
    real world" Cross-Country Running Promo Sheet is in MINT condition. Price $6. US plus postage

    Please include your "postal mailing address" so I can calculate postage costs to your
    destination. Thank you

    Tags:

  2. I have Zola Budd's shoes from 1979 (I borrowed them and never returned them).

    Price 45 Rand. Free shipping!

    Surf

  3. [email protected] (J.R. Sinclair) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 1993 Nike "Welcome to the real world" Cross-Country Running Promo Sheet
    >
    > I have for sale the 1993 Nike "Welcome to the real world" Cross-Country Running Promotional Litho
    > Sheet #5391. The sheet measures 15 3/4" x 34 1/2" is in full-color and features a male and female,
    > running cross-country, with mountains and foothills in the background. The 1993 Nike "Welcome to
    > the real world" Cross-Country Running Promo Sheet is in MINT condition. Price $6. US plus postage
    >
    > Please include your "postal mailing address" so I can calculate postage costs to your destination.
    > Thank you

    You've been trying to sell this for the past 3 years. Time to give up, maybe?

  4. On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:35:26 -0600, "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have Zola Budd's shoes from 1979 (I borrowed them and never returned them).

    Three years ago I kissed Bjork on the cheek at an after show party. My lips aren't for sale, but
    I'll sell you a kiss for £5.

  5. "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have Zola Budd's shoes from 1979 (I borrowed them and never returned them).
    >
    > Price 45 Rand. Free shipping!
    >
    > Surf

    What will you whack-off to if you sell them? A pair of her panties?

  6. "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have Zola Budd's shoes from 1979 (I borrowed them and never returned them).
    >
    > Price 45 Rand. Free shipping!
    >
    > Surf

    What will you whack-off to if you sell them? A pair of her panties?

  7. > Three years ago I kissed Bjork on the cheek at an after show party. My lips aren't for sale, but
    > I'll sell you a kiss for £5.

    Caveat emptor. We don't know where they've been.

    Zola's shoes on the other hand are in mint condition, only dropped once.

    Surf

  8. "What?\" she whispered, \"D'you think that'll work?" <GreenEyesBlondHairCute [email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Three years ago I kissed Bjork on the cheek at an after show party. My lips aren't for sale, but
    > I'll sell you a kiss for £5.

    Not quite. It was a full wet, tongue kiss, followed by heavy grinding of the hips. The rest of the
    video is too blurred to make out what happened next.

  9. On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:19:17 -0600, "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> Three years ago I kissed Bjork on the cheek at an after show party. My lips aren't for sale, but
    >> I'll sell you a kiss for £5.
    >
    >Caveat emptor. We don't know where they've been.

    I can offer my personal guarantee that my lips haven't strayed from my face since my birth. OTOH, my
    face has been in some pretty odd places so I take your point.

    >Zola's shoes on the other hand are in mint condition, only dropped once.

    IIRC, she briefly had a contract with Brooks. Do tell, are they the late-lamented 'Hugger GT's'?

  10. > I can offer my personal guarantee that my lips haven't strayed from my face since my birth. OTOH,
    > my face has been in some pretty odd places so I take your point.

    Perhaps if you included free lemon soaked napkins, your offer would be more enticing.

    > IIRC, she briefly had a contract with Brooks. Do tell, are they the late-lamented 'Hugger GT's'?

    Why yes they are! Unfortunately the shoes included Gortex in their construction which caused
    terrible sweating, which in turn caused blisters, which is how the barefoot waif came about.

    The shoes still attract hyenas and zorillas if left upwind.

    Surf

  11. On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:46:36 -0600, "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Perhaps if you included free lemon soaked napkins, your offer would be more enticing.

    And perhaps if you spent less time in pretentious restaurants or on first-class flights you'd begin
    to lose this deviant obsession with fragrant aromas.

    >which is how the barefoot waif came about.

    Ha! The real story of how she became a barefoot runner is much more interesting, but I shall leave
    that for others to tell...

    Speaking of running - which we rarely do - how's it goin', oh sun-kissed beachy boy?

  12. Wholovesya?

    Wholovesya? Guest

    [email protected] (Asswiper Toilet Paper) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    WHO WAS IT, THREATENED THE PRESIDENT?

    WHO ADVOCATED AID TO TERRORISTS?

    YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were
    still burning.
    "we should bomb that pathetic excuse for a man too, or at least give his location to every terrorist
    group we can find, and let them take him out. Just what we need in the white house, a coked-up
    dopehead running the country".

    From: MrRobotTow ([email protected]) Subject: Re: The Only Thing Newsgroups:
    rec.music.makers.bagpipe Date: 2001-09-12 03:00:32 PST

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&selm=20010912055959.21715.00001917%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=3

    YO! Homeland Security dudes: KEY PHRASES! BOMB "WHITE HOUSE" "TERRORIST GROUP"

    THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!

    This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!

    To long-suffering RMMB and REC.RUNNING contributors: YES, Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of
    lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also "TheBillRodgers" and his clones. DO COPY
    this message; use it to REPLY anytime you have an urge to respond to our troll.

    Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.
    Let's be sure BILL gets the attention he deserves and craves.

    COPY, PASTE, REPLY to our TROLL. IT'S THAT EASY

  13. "What?" she whispered, "D'you think that'll work?"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > And perhaps if you spent less time in pretentious restaurants or on first-class flights you'd
    > begin to lose this deviant obsession with fragrant aromas.

    How do you know so much about my playboy lifestyle? Just because the french waiter haughtily
    suggests that shitake mushrooms drizzled in a delicate honey mustard sauce capped with garlic
    scallops is the most painfully obvious entrée (this side of The Restaurant At The End Of The
    Universe) to be paired with the bouillabaisse, does not make the restaurant pretentious. And
    enjoying a little eau de toilette is not deviant!

    > Ha! The real story of how she became a barefoot runner is much more interesting, but I shall leave
    > that for others to tell...

    Others? Please speak up. Hearing the story faffled by one of our saprostomous rec.runners would be
    so much better than the Google version.

    > Speaking of running - which we rarely do - how's it goin', oh sun-kissed
    beachy boy?

    The running Roger, my jumentous twiddlepoop, is chugging along well enough, for this time of year.
    My favorite trails are frozen rather solid and festooned with rough crinkly icy patches, snow drifts
    and deep ankle twisting footprints. So, I've been slogging through the slush along the roads dodging
    SUVs. I'm almost considering getting a dainty treadmill for my xystus (not really, but road running
    is desperately dull, just not as irretrievably boring as a treadmill. And I got to use the word
    xystus). Otherwise my running has been rather uneventful of late. No events, no lofty goals, no
    injuries, just me getting out there. Looking forward to spring and mud.

    How have you been flouncing through the fiords lately?

    Surf

  14. On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:58:42 -0600, "Surf McBrowse" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I'm almost considering getting a dainty treadmill

    Whilst I'm happy to hear you've yet to have Goodyears crush your spine, I can't help but wonder
    about your treadmill longings. I've always considered a treadmill to be the unacceptable face of
    running. It's the complete antithesis of what running's about. Frankly, the prospect of dying in the
    muddy slush under the polished alloy wheels of a candy pink 4x4 seems marginally less horrific than
    listening to the dull slap of rubber on rubber whilst the whiff of ozone from the electric motor
    assails your nostrils

    >How have you been flouncing through the fiords lately?

    I believe the Norwegians have dibs on the word 'fiords'. We have lochs, or sea-lochs if you'd like a
    direct comparison with a fiord.

    I haven't so much been flouncing as trudging. For a variety of reasons too tiresome to relate here,
    I seem to have tumbled into something of a rut, and my running has tumbled in alongside me. We've
    been discussing this and have decided to effect an escape from our rut at the first opportunity. My
    running has suggested various options, but then we start arguing about things like family
    commitments, money, time constraints, yunno - all the crap that gets in the way of good honest fun.

    What spring will bring I can't imagine. But uncertainty is part of life, and those that face
    potential disaster with a smile at least die with a grin on their face. I'm grinning like mad.