FS 2002 Giant NRS1 with extras.

Danny

Guest
I have a 2002 Giant NRS1 in excellent shape for sale. It is currently re-listed on ebay as I had set
the price too high. I've dropped the reserve price to $900 and the buy it now to $1100. If anyone
from this newsgroup wants to buy it, I'll sell everything for $1000 and pull the auction. Just send
me a note and let me know how to contact you.

Go to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619348011&category=27948&rd=1 to see pics
and whats included.. I actually think I've found even more extra things that I will include.

Danny

I have, and I've tried here...

Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their rear-ends as you do JD... If you'r
interested, answer, if not shut up and move on.

Danny

(there.. I top posted for you too.. )

news:<[email protected]>...

Danny <[email protected]> wrote in message news:K%[email protected]...
> I have, and I've tried here...
>
> Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their
rear-ends
> as you do JD... If you'r interested, answer, if not shut up and move on.
>
> Danny

It's not a matter of anal cranium syndrome, except maybe in your case - it's a matter of this not
being a n/group that accepts advertisements, private or otherwise, in the same manner that this
group does not except binaries, either. There is a group specifically for the purpose of selling
bikes like your POS Giant, as there is also a set of groups for posting binaries - wipe

a 5 watt bulb in a 100 watt world, dimwit.

Shaun aRe

Danny wrote:
> I have, and I've tried here...
>
> Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their rear-ends as you do JD... If
> you'r interested, answer, if not shut up and move on.

I'm not sure why this sort of thing amuses me, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Why do people post stuff in public forums and then get arsey when they get a response they don't
like? Why do they resort to the 'only answer if it's a response I will like'? They're almost always
spammers too.

Although not the politest, JD had the right idea. This isn't a group for selling and you're
contravening part of the FAQ. You're kindly requested to stop. Thanks.

"Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<K%[email protected]>...
> I have, and I've tried here...

So, you didn't learn from your previous experiences? That's called a "learning disability" nowdays,
whereas before it was just plain retarded. Thanks for the clarification, danny boy.

> Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their rear-ends
<snip>

Yet, you do.

With that high reserve and such a crappy bike, eBay will love taking your money over and over again
as you try to sell in vain.

Now go **** up some other rope.

JD

> Although not the politest, JD had the right idea. This isn't a group for selling and you're
> contravening part of the FAQ.

PMBI

But, all those freaky chat teen shortings like BFD is just a PITA and makes me SUFID. DTRT and
answer polite or ESAD.

By the way, almost half of the of the topics in this group are OT like all the never ending computer
problems, all sort of daily problems or stupid dreamweaver problems. A lot of regulars are using
this group as a chatroom anyway, so I dont see the big deal with this topic?

> You're kindly requested to stop. Thanks.

Thats a nice an polite answer that we all understand!

TTFN Peter

> Danny wrote:
> > I have, and I've tried here...
> >
> > Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their
rear-ends
> > as you do JD... If you'r interested, answer, if not shut up and move
on.

> I'm not sure why this sort of thing amuses me, I can't quite put my finger on it.
>
> Why do people post stuff in public forums and then get arsey when they get a response they don't
> like? Why do they resort to the 'only answer if it's a response I will like'? They're almost
> always spammers too.
>
> Although not the politest, JD had the right idea. This isn't a group for selling and you're
> contravening part of the FAQ. You're kindly requested to stop. Thanks.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Not a problem Boomba... Had JD just simply said that it was not appropriate, I would have apologized
and left it at that. However, his reference to my bike being a POS, and his general attitude is
prompted me to answer him.

I had looked through the FAQ and there is nothing in it that expressly forbids posting something in
here for sale by someone that comes in from time to time... I'm not a business, nor a spammer. I am
a bike rider that ran into some bad luck and have to sell my bike. Nothing more, nothing less.

The offer that I posted here was for anyone here wanting a better deal on it than they would have
gotten on EBAY, (if they were interested). I stated that I would sell my bike to someone from here
for less than I had posted there... thereby offering something of a deal.

I won't post in here any longer... So it's really a dead issue anyway.

Danny

Whatever...

Some would watch you in you asinine fashion and conclude that you had no life....

I however think that you are very happy in your small way, illuminating nothing in a very
sophomoric way...

Now, go take your meds and write down your dreams for your doctor.

Danny

> "Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<K%[email protected]>...
> > I have, and I've tried here...
>
> So, you didn't learn from your previous experiences? That's called a "learning disability"
> nowdays, whereas before it was just plain retarded. Thanks for the clarification, danny boy.
>
> > Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their
rear-ends
> <snip>
>
> Yet, you do.
>
> With that high reserve and such a crappy bike, eBay will love taking your money over and over
> again as you try to sell in vain.
>
> Now go **** up some other rope.
>
> JD

> I won't post in here any longer... So it's really a dead issue anyway.

Hey dude.... it's no biggie really. Here's a tip: if you carefully disguise your message, you can
circumvent peoples' anti-spam circuitry.

Subject: FS 2002 Giant NRS1

should be:

Subject: Got my new ride today!

Thus, the people on the NG WILL read the message. Next:

"I have a 2002 Giant NRS1 in excellent shape for sale."

should be:

"I've got a cheap NRS1 for sale now... it's on eBay if you happen to be interested. <link>"

Then add a lot of stuff about your new bike (even if it doesn't exist) and everyone will be happy.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Danny scribbled :
> Whatever...
>
> Some would watch you in you asinine fashion and conclude that you had no life....
>
> I however think that you are very happy in your small way, illuminating nothing in a very
> sophomoric way...
>
> Now, go take your meds and write down your dreams for your doctor.
>
> Danny

careful, hosh. It's a good idea to lurk here and learn the players and personalities, before you go
flaming away. You might check the FAQ for a bit of advice here.

But what do I know, been hangin out here for years now...

Penny S http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

>> "Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<K%[email protected]>...
>>> I have, and I've tried here...
>>
>> So, you didn't learn from your previous experiences? That's called a "learning disability"
>> nowdays, whereas before it was just plain retarded. Thanks for the clarification, danny boy.
>>
>>> Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their
> rear-ends
>> <snip>
>>
>> Yet, you do.
>>
>> With that high reserve and such a crappy bike, eBay will love taking your money over and over
>> again as you try to sell in vain.
>>
>> Now go **** up some other rope.
>>
>> JD

> Danny scribbled :
> > Whatever...
> >
> > Some would watch you in you asinine fashion and conclude that you had no life....
> >
> > I however think that you are very happy in your small way, illuminating nothing in a very
> > sophomoric way...
> >
> > Now, go take your meds and write down your dreams for your doctor.
> >
> > Danny
>
> careful, hosh. It's a good idea to lurk here and learn the players and personalities, before you
> go flaming away. You might check the FAQ for a bit of advice here.
>
> But what do I know, been hangin out here for years now...
>
> Penny S http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm
>

> (snip)

I did Penny.. and I have lurked here for quite some time... AND I even bothered to read the FAQ
where i found nothing expressly forbidding the posting of things that someone might have for sale.
Although it's possible that I missed it.

Here it is cut and pasted: [1-3] What is it not for?

Here is a list of the things that you should not do on alt.mountain-bike:

1. First, don't write your posts in all capitals. This means you are yelling, and it will only annoy
people. If you take note of this rule it will save people sending messages to tell you to turn
off the caps lock.

2. Don't top post and quote relevant parts of the post you are responding to so we know what you are
talking about. If you are only responding to something mentioned in the last paragraph don't
quote the other 6 paragraphs in the post.

3. Take time to see how the thread progresses. Don't respond to everything your first time on. Pay
attention to the etiquete used.

4. Don't respond unless you have something constructive to add. "Those shoes rule" is not a valid
response. You are trying to provide information to other people. The key is WHY do they rule.
Strong soles, lasts forever. Explain yourself. If you agree with something someone submits don't
post something like "Aye". This says nothing. If you agree say WHY you agree, relate a similar
experience, "I agree because...." etc.

5. Just because you are on the internet doesn't give you an excuse to use poor english. The internet
is about the free (or $19.95 a month) exchange of ideas and information. Spelling doesn't count
but try your best to make sense. The idea is to get people to undersand what you are talking
about. If they don't it makes YOU look like a ****. Paragraphs and sentences are always nice. It
makes things way easier to read. 'Txt msg typ' speak is definitely NOT encouraged.

6. Try to read at your Re: posts and think : "If someone hadn't seen the original post would they
know what was talking about?" After a couple days "Re: hub design" can turn into a conversation
about who won at Big Bear. No one wants to go back through all the posts to find out what the
comment/post "Yo dude, what's the addie" means.

7. Do not post binaries. A lot of people will not appreciate having to spend extra time downloading
their e-mail for the sake of a picture you think is cool.

8. Flames are accepted, just be careful how and who you flame, otherwise you could come in for some
special treatment :)

9. Messages which are cross-posted to or from any advocacy group are not welcome. Spamming, ECP and
EMP of any sort is absolutely not tolerated.

The entire issue could have been handled with a simple. "please do not post for sale items in this
group". No muss, no fuss... But JD and others, decided to personalize it with stupid comments via
their opinions. So I responded.. making me just as childish as they are.. As I said earlier to
boomba, I 'll not post like that again in here.

Danny

Danny said...

> The entire issue could have been handled with a simple. "please do not post for sale items in this
> group". No muss, no fuss... But JD and others, decided to personalize it with stupid comments via
> their opinions. So I responded.. making me just as childish as they are.. As I said earlier to
> boomba, I 'll not post like that again in here.
>
> Danny

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Your FS post was more on-topic than the dozen Net cop responses
that followed it.

> > The entire issue could have been handled with a simple. "please do not
post
> > for sale items in this group". No muss, no fuss... But JD and
others,
> > decided to personalize it with stupid comments via their opinions. So
> > responded.. making me just as childish as they are.. As I said earlier
> > boomba, I 'll not post like that again in here.
> >
> > Danny
>
> I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Your FS post was more on-topic than the dozen Net cop responses
> that followed it.

I second this. If I hadn't already bought my NRS [an excellent bike BTW], I'd definitely be
interested in yours.

Peter Tønnesen wrote:

> By the way, almost half of the of the topics in this group are OT like all the never ending
> computer problems, all sort of daily problems or stupid dreamweaver problems. A lot of regulars
> are using this group as a chatroom anyway, so I dont see the big deal with this topic?

It's a little abstract I admit. The point is that this is an alt group, which, as you point out,
kind of makes it a bit of a chat room. It's been said before that this is more like a bar where
people chat about anything they like, but the central theme is mountain bikes.

Conversly, there is a bar just down the road for people who want to sell their bikes.

Danny wrote:

> Not a problem Boomba... Had JD just simply said that it was not appropriate, I would have
> apologized and left it at that. However, his reference to my bike being a POS, and his general
> attitude is prompted me to answer him.

Well, that's JD for you.

> I had looked through the FAQ and there is nothing in it that expressly forbids posting something
> in here for sale by someone that comes in from time to time... I'm not a business, nor a spammer.

It depends on how you view 'spam'. My view is that it's any unsolicited message advertising
something for sale, but I guess others have different 'definitions'. I'll update the FAQ to make
it clearer.

I am a bike rider that
> ran into some bad luck and have to sell my bike. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry to hear that.

> The offer that I posted here was for anyone here wanting a better deal on it than they would have
> gotten on EBAY, (if they were interested). I stated that I would sell my bike to someone from here
> for less than I had posted there... thereby offering something of a deal.
>
> I won't post in here any longer... So it's really a dead issue anyway.

From the messages in this thread, I'm going to run a poll anyway to see whether we want to 'accept'
these types of messages.

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...

> > > The entire issue could have been handled with a simple. "please do not
> post
> > > for sale items in this group". No muss, no fuss... But JD and
> others,
> > > decided to personalize it with stupid comments via their opinions.
So
> > > responded.. making me just as childish as they are.. As I said
earlier
> > > boomba, I 'll not post like that again in here.
> > >
> > > Danny
> >
> > I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Your FS post was more on-topic than the dozen Net cop
>
> I second this. If I hadn't already bought my NRS [an excellent bike BTW], I'd definitely be
> interested in yours.

Me too, i would really like to try out FullSus soon :) But i think i will wait until Jon Bond puts
his Blur on the board for a dime :)

Peter DK

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Danny wrote:
> > I have, and I've tried here...
> >
> > Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their rear-ends as you do JD... If
> > you'r interested, answer, if not shut up and move on.
>
> I'm not sure why this sort of thing amuses me, I can't quite put my finger on it.
>
> Why do people post stuff in public forums and then get arsey when they get a response they don't
> like? Why do they resort to the 'only answer if it's a response I will like'? They're almost
> always spammers too.
>
> Although not the politest, JD had the right idea. This isn't a group for selling and you're
> contravening part of the FAQ. You're kindly requested to stop. Thanks.

What amuses me is that some of you take this newsgroup so serious that you have to lash out at
someone for something so trivial. Shaun Rimmer of all people; this original post was more on topic
then most of the useless responses you have to anything.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Danny wrote:
> > I have, and I've tried here...
> >
> > Most folks here don't have their heads stuffed as frimly up their rear-ends as you do JD... If
> > you'r interested, answer, if not shut up and move on.
>
> I'm not sure why this sort of thing amuses me, I can't quite put my finger on it.
>
> Why do people post stuff in public forums and then get arsey when they get a response they don't
> like? Why do they resort to the 'only answer if it's a response I will like'? They're almost
> always spammers too.
>
> Although not the politest, JD had the right idea. This isn't a group for selling and you're
> contravening part of the FAQ. You're kindly requested to stop. Thanks.

What amuses me is that some of you take this newsgroup so serious that you have to lash out at
someone for something so trivial. Shaun Rimmer of all people; this original post was more on topic
then most of the useless responses you have to anything.

"Danny" <[email protected]> wrote at Date: 2003-07-23 15:05:03
PST:
> Whatever...

What are you, french?

> Some would watch you in you asinine fashion and conclude that you had no life....

You seem to watch this NG in an asinine fashion and have very humorous conclusions. Do you enjoy
contradicting yourself in a public forum as well?

From: Danny ([email protected]) Subject: Re: FS 2002 Giant NRS1 with extras. Newsgroups:
alt.mountain-bike Date: 2003-07-23 09:09:55 PST

I won't post in here any longer... So it's really a dead issue anyway.

> I however think that you are very happy in your small way, illuminating nothing in a very
> sophomoric way...

Illuminating nothings such as a cockroach like yourself is mildly entertaining at best.
Scurry away now.

JD