FS : Any body local to bradford want a cheap nice bike



Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam Porter

Guest
Hi, first of all, sorry for the amazingly **** subject wording ;o)

I am moving home next week and cannot find a place for my road bike. It is a short wheelbase 531
tubed Woodrup. 21" frame with 21" top tube.

I bought it 12 years ago and Woodrups confirmed it is genuine and about 1971 ish. It is deep blue in
colour with white outlines on the weld gussets. Looks very nice when polished ;o).

I suspect it was a custom build or sprint bike originally, as the wheelbase is small and my toes
catch the front wheel if turning at walking pace. This hasn't been a problem as in reality you don't
cycle that slow, but it has to remembered at traffic lights etc. It does make for a very responsive
take up though.

The drivetrain is mostly galli, which I believe was a very nice 'copy' of campag stuff of that era.
The exception is the cassette, which I swapped for a close ratio block some years ago, when I was
able to ride it fast enough to use...doh...

The rear rim is a mavic GP4, and the front is a Durex !! , both with tubeless tires.

It has been sat doing nothing for ages as I am now into MTB's, and it needs a little tlc to get it
back to a1 condition. It is very rideable as it is though, and if you are in the Bradford/Leeds area
(near chain bar roundabout), and willing to come and pick it up before Monday (Or else it goes into
storage) , it is going for £90 or very nearest offer.

I can send pics if required.

Cheers,

Adam.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.465 / Virus Database: 263 - Release Date: 25/03/2003
 
C

Call Me Bob

Guest
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:59:01 -0000, "Adam Porter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am moving home next week and cannot find a place for my road bike. It is a short wheelbase 531
>tubed Woodrup. 21" frame with 21" top tube.

>it is going for £90 or very nearest offer.

We don't deal in pounds sterling in this group. URC currency is the Toblerone.

I'll open with a bid of six chunks.

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage
 
A

Adam Porter

Guest
"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Toblerone.
>
> I'll open with a bid of six chunks.
>
>
> Bob
> --
> Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

LOL, if it's 6 chunks of the huge bar I have in mind you got yerself a deal ;o)

Has anybody else been tempted to splash £50 on a bar of chocolate... I was very tempted.....

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.465 / Virus Database: 263 - Release Date: 25/03/2003
 
A

Andymorris

Guest
Adam Porter wrote:
> if you are in the Bradford/Leeds area (near chain bar roundabout), and willing to come and pick it
> up before Monday (Or else it goes into storage) , it is going for £90 or very nearest offer.
>

I livbe near chain bar and have recently returned to cycling. Does anyone have the bottle to
ride round it?

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
 
M

Mseries

Guest
Is Chain Bar J26 on the M62, where the M606 is ? If so I regularly go round it from the A??? to the
A??? in other words from the road after the M62 West slip to the road between the M62 East slip and
the M606 slip. Usually on a Sunday morning when traffic is light. There is only one hairy bit and
thats crossing the entrance to the M62 East slip, I tend to move to the right of the left hand lane
asap to give vehicles a chance to pass on my left to get on to the slip road.

I must say though of late I have taken an alternative through Heckmondwike (I think) to avoid not
the junction but the horrible false flat that goes away from it past the nursery to the village with
the Esso garage.

I live in Morley and most of my rides take me West through Elland and Brighouse.

Sorry to be so vague but I don't have a map to check the names/numbers.

"AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Adam Porter wrote:
> > if you are in the Bradford/Leeds area (near chain bar roundabout), and willing to come and pick
> > it up before Monday (Or else it goes into storage) , it is going for £90 or very nearest offer.
> >
>
> I livbe near chain bar and have recently returned to cycling. Does anyone have the bottle to ride
> round it?
>
>
> --
> Andy Morris
>
> AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK
>
>
> Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
 
A

Andymorris

Guest
MSeries wrote:
> Is Chain Bar J26 on the M62, where the M606 is ? >

Yep thats it

Heres a map of it

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=417500&y=426500&z=3&sv=417500,426500
&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

> If so I regularly go round it from the A??? to the A??? in other words from the road after the M62
> West slip to the road between the M62 East slip and the M606 slip. Usually on a Sunday morning
> when traffic is light. There is only one hairy bit and thats crossing the entrance to the M62 East
> slip, I tend to move to the right of the left hand lane asap to give vehicles a chance to pass on
> my left to get on to the slip road.
>

I guess thats the A58. I use the other route through Cleckheaton and Scholes as its a bit of a drag
on the A58. My routes a makes me grunt a bit but the traffics not as fast, people drive on the dual
carrigeway bit of the A58 as if its a motorway. Once a get my sprint going i'll have a bash at
chainbar from the Halifax end.

> I must say though of late I have taken an alternative through Heckmondwike (I think) to avoid not
> the junction but the horrible false flat that goes away from it past the nursery to the village
> with the Esso garage.
>
> I live in Morley and most of my rides take me West through Elland and Brighouse.
>
> Sorry to be so vague but I don't have a map to check the names/numbers.
>
>

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
 
M

Mseries

Guest
I have not been that way since the road works started but the road I used to use is the A58 both
before and after the interchange. I presume the roadworks are responsible for the tailbacks to
J27/28 which is where I exit on my way home from work !

In a month or so when I'm fit enough to hit those hills I'll be out that way, I'm really surprised
how few cyclists I see at weekends around there.

My alternative route (to avoid Chain Bar) is to turn left in Hunsworth, straight across the cross
roads (near Clemos) up the hill (under the disused railway), right at the top, across the M62, left
in Scholes, right then left onto the A643 to Brighouse. Coming home I nearly always leave Brighouse
towards Junction 25, then onto Cooper Bridge and home on the A62.

"AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> MSeries wrote:
> > Is Chain Bar J26 on the M62, where the M606 is ? >
>
> Yep thats it
>
> Heres a map of it
>
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=417500&y=426500&z=3&sv=417500,426500
> &st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
>
> > If so I regularly go round it from the A??? to the A??? in other words from the road after the
> > M62 West slip to the road between the M62 East slip and the M606 slip. Usually on a Sunday
> > morning when traffic is light. There is only one hairy bit and thats crossing the entrance to
> > the M62 East slip, I tend to move to the right of the left hand lane asap to give vehicles a
> > chance to pass on my left to get on to the slip road.
> >
>
> I guess thats the A58. I use the other route through Cleckheaton and Scholes as its a bit of a
> drag on the A58. My routes a makes me grunt a bit but the traffics not as fast, people drive on
> the dual carrigeway bit of the A58 as if its a motorway. Once a get my sprint going i'll have a
> bash at chainbar from the Halifax end.
>
> > I must say though of late I have taken an alternative through Heckmondwike (I think) to avoid
> > not the junction but the horrible false flat that goes away from it past the nursery to the
> > village with the Esso garage.
> >
> > I live in Morley and most of my rides take me West through Elland and Brighouse.
> >
> > Sorry to be so vague but I don't have a map to check the names/numbers.
> >
> >
>
> --
> Andy Morris
>
> AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK
>
>
> Love this: Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
 
M

Martyn Bolt

Guest
>My alternative route (to avoid Chain Bar) is to turn left in Hunsworth, straight across the cross
>roads (near Clemos) up the hill (under the disused railway),

That ain't no disused railway that is de famous Spen valley Greenway, part of Sustrans NCN 66.

Number 14 in the Independent survey recently.

If you want to see cyclists on a SUnday come out for a ride with Ravensthorpe CC, or visit the club
night on Thursday, most welcome Cheers

Martyn
 
M

Mseries

Guest
What sort of rides do you guys do on a Sunday ? Where do you meet ?

Martyn Bolt <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >My alternative route (to avoid Chain Bar) is to turn left in Hunsworth, straight across the cross
> >roads (near Clemos) up the hill (under the disused railway),
>
> That ain't no disused railway that is de famous Spen valley Greenway, part of Sustrans NCN 66.
>
> Number 14 in the Independent survey recently.
>
> If you want to see cyclists on a SUnday come out for a ride with Ravensthorpe CC, or visit the
> club night on Thursday, most welcome Cheers
>
> Martyn
 
M

Martyn Bolt

Guest
At the moment the winter schedule is meet 09.00 at Fir Coittage, ravensthorpe.

That is on the A644 nearly in Mirfield, about 200yds before the Swan Pub , at the road
junction there.

Usual rides easy paced (less than 15mph) and about 50-60 miles.

For more details ring the Club Captain, Maurice 01924408045.

Thursdays club meets at Trinity Scout Hut, trinty St , Mirfield. Which is between Barclays Bank and
the church.

Martyn


On 1 Apr 2003 22:57:07 -0800, [email protected] (MSeries) wrote:

>What sort of rides do you guys do on a Sunday ? Where do you meet ?
>
>Martyn Bolt <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> >
>> >My alternative route (to avoid Chain Bar) is to turn left in Hunsworth, straight across the
>> >cross roads (near Clemos) up the hill (under the disused railway),
>>
>> That ain't no disused railway that is de famous Spen valley Greenway, part of Sustrans NCN 66.
>>
>> Number 14 in the Independent survey recently.
>>
>> If you want to see cyclists on a SUnday come out for a ride with Ravensthorpe CC, or visit the
>> club night on Thursday, most welcome Cheers
>>
>> Martyn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.