FS: Assos Intermediate long sleeve jersey XL

Kjb

Guest
mouseorgan wrote:

>That's more than just a "try". I'd say well done for getting that far - you might not have made
>the final destination but that's a pretty long distance in not too long a time. Better luck next
>year though.

Here are the stats - please remember I was carrying full camping equipment including tent, sleeping
bag, sleeping mat, camping stove, saucepan, eating utensils as well as two sets of cycling clothes
and two sets of non-cycling clothes:

Day 1: Penzance to Land's End to Gwithian: 30 miles Day 2: Gwithian to Camelford: 63 miles Day 3:
Camelford to Exford: 78 miles Day 4: Exford to Felton: 61 miles (B&B) Day 5: Felton to Ludlow: 93
miles Day 6: Ludlow to Nantwich: 62 miles Day 7: Nantwich to Croston: 58 miles Day 8: Croston to
Kendal: 59 miles Day 9: Kendal to Gretna: 54 miles Day 10: Gretna to Lockerbie: 21 miles

GPS Stats
========
Trip odometer: 548 miles (computer gives 579 miles) Trip time: 60h 18m (computer gives 51h 09m) Max
speed: 41.7 (computer gives 42 mph). Average speed: 9.1 mph Total ascent: 9768m Total descent:
10493m Min elevation: -21m Max elevation: 430m Max descent: 151m/m Max ascent: 65m/m Average
descent: 16m/m Average ascent: 9m/m

My GPS was switched on from the moment I started cycling to the moment I stopped for the day, except
for lunch breaks. It lost satellite contact in deep tree lined valleys - such as the Wye Valley and
parts of Exmoor, and this loss would show up greater on ascents than descents due to a slower speed
and the GPS being able to compensate when moving at a greater speed and therefore regaining
satellite contact faster.

The GPS has a self calibrating barometric altimeter. If the air pressure drops while the unit is
switched off it shows an elevation above that of the actual elevation, and if the air pressure rises
it shows a lower elevation. It takes about 15 minutes after being switched on for the unit to
accurately calibrate the altimeter, and then it's altimeter is accurate to about 3 meters.
--
remove remove to reply