rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

FS: Diamondback Crestview Cross Bike

Started by GaryT · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,291 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
22 August 2004
Last activity
23 August 2004
Original author
GaryT
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,291
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is a Diamondback Crestview I purchased in August 2002 for exercise and
    rehab after hip replacement surgery.

    I rode the bike no more than 200 miles. I started riding too soon and never
    really liked the bike once I started riding. It literally looks as it did
    when I purchased it new from a local bike shop - except for one one-inch
    scratch on the left chainstay. It's been in the garage since. It has been
    maintenanced regularly, so, the components have not suffered.

    It is a large frame(21"😉. It has an RST 791-CL 700c 50mm travel fork. The
    crankset is Shimano C203 48/38/28t. The cog set is Shimano MegaRange 11-34t.
    The front derailleur is Shimano C202 Dual Pull 31.8mm and the rear
    derailleur is Shimano C201 8-spd RapidRise.

    I will provide any other specs as requested. I have digital pics, but, my
    Polaroid software won't work with my new computers WinXP OS. I'll make the
    bike available for viewing/test riding upon request for anyone who happens
    to be local. In the meantime, I'll work on a solution to make digital pics
    available. Also, I'll include the link to Diamondback's spec page for this
    bike.

    http://tinyurl.com/6lsdk

    I gave $339.99 plus tax for the bike new. I have the original sales receipt
    and paperwork for this bike. The bike is located in Central Kentucky
    one-half hour drive from Lexington.

    Thanks.

  2. I forgot to mention, remove NOSPAM from email to reply.

    --
    Gary

    "GaryT" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is a Diamondback Crestview I purchased in August 2002 for exercise


    and

    Quoted message said:

    rehab after hip replacement surgery.

    I rode the bike no more than 200 miles. I started riding too soon and


    never

    Quoted message said:

    really liked the bike once I started riding. It literally looks as it did
    when I purchased it new from a local bike shop - except for one one-inch
    scratch on the left chainstay. It's been in the garage since. It has


    been

    Quoted message said:

    maintenanced regularly, so, the components have not suffered.

    It is a large frame(21"😉. It has an RST 791-CL 700c 50mm travel fork. The
    crankset is Shimano C203 48/38/28t. The cog set is Shimano MegaRange


    11-34t.

    Quoted message said:

    The front derailleur is Shimano C202 Dual Pull 31.8mm and the rear
    derailleur is Shimano C201 8-spd RapidRise.

    I will provide any other specs as requested. I have digital pics, but, my
    Polaroid software won't work with my new computers WinXP OS. I'll make the
    bike available for viewing/test riding upon request for anyone who happens
    to be local. In the meantime, I'll work on a solution to make digital


    pics

    Quoted message said:

    available. Also, I'll include the link to Diamondback's spec page for this
    bike.

    http://tinyurl.com/6lsdk

    I gave $339.99 plus tax for the bike new. I have the original sales


    receipt

    Quoted message said:

    and paperwork for this bike. The bike is located in Central Kentucky
    one-half hour drive from Lexington.

    Thanks.

  3. Diamondback designating this line as "cross" could lead to confusion. I was
    expecting to see cyclocross models. Rather, this seems to be of the
    "hybrid" persuasion.

    --
    --------------------------
    Andre Charlebois
    AGC-PC support
    http://agc-pc.tripod.com
    BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+

    "GaryT" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is a Diamondback Crestview I purchased in August 2002 for exercise


    and

    Quoted message said:

    rehab after hip replacement surgery.

    I rode the bike no more than 200 miles. I started riding too soon and


    never

    Quoted message said:

    really liked the bike once I started riding. It literally looks as it did
    when I purchased it new from a local bike shop - except for one one-inch
    scratch on the left chainstay. It's been in the garage since. It has


    been

    Quoted message said:

    maintenanced regularly, so, the components have not suffered.

    It is a large frame(21"😉. It has an RST 791-CL 700c 50mm travel fork. The
    crankset is Shimano C203 48/38/28t. The cog set is Shimano MegaRange


    11-34t.

    Quoted message said:

    The front derailleur is Shimano C202 Dual Pull 31.8mm and the rear
    derailleur is Shimano C201 8-spd RapidRise.

    I will provide any other specs as requested. I have digital pics, but, my
    Polaroid software won't work with my new computers WinXP OS. I'll make the
    bike available for viewing/test riding upon request for anyone who happens
    to be local. In the meantime, I'll work on a solution to make digital


    pics

    Quoted message said:

    available. Also, I'll include the link to Diamondback's spec page for this
    bike.

    http://tinyurl.com/6lsdk

    I gave $339.99 plus tax for the bike new. I have the original sales


    receipt

    Quoted message said:

    and paperwork for this bike. The bike is located in Central Kentucky
    one-half hour drive from Lexington.

    Thanks.

  4. "Andre" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Diamondback designating this line as "cross" could lead to confusion. I


    was

    Quoted message said:

    expecting to see cyclocross models. Rather, this seems to be of the
    "hybrid" persuasion.


    You're exactly right. This bike is a hybrid. Cross is their designation,
    and I hadn't really thought of this before. Thanks for the heads up.

    Gary

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.