FS: HP Velotechnik StreetMachine

Tim Ryan

Guest
I have to part with my StreetMachine; asking $1600. You can find details
on the bike here:

StreetMachine</a>

The bike is located in the Hartford, Connecticut area. I can arrange
shipping through the LBS, Pig Iron, but this would be at the buyer's
expense.

I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
new garage.

There are some scuff marks on the DuraAce shifters from a clipless
moment or two and some scratches on the rear rack from the panniers,
otherwise in pristine condition. Please note: to save weight, I ordered
this bike without lower panniers and without fenders. I also removed the
crank guard. The crank guard will come with the bike, but you can decide
for yourself if you want to put it back on (IMHO, it was a PITN).

Email tryan@c_o_x.n_e_t for more info (remove the underscores from the
address).

Tim Ryan wrote:
> I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
> twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
> new garage....

I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
offending item in this situation.

--
Tom Sherman

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Tim Ryan wrote:
> > I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
> > twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
> > new garage....

> I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
> offending item in this situation.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman

LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
many bikes he must have!

I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
earlier....

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> > Tim Ryan wrote:
> > > I am selling because I just have too many bikes. I only rode this bike
> > > twice last season and my wife is complaining about all the bikes in our
> > > new garage....

> > I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
> > offending item in this situation.
> >

> LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
> many bikes he must have!
>
> I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
> earlier....

The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
generation) or Street Machine GT (2nd generation), but is unlikely to
be a SMGTe. There also used to be a clone of the Street Machine called
the Nils Palm Wind.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

> The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
> generation)

700c rear rather than 26", I think a straight main tube and an elastomer
rear suspension unit. Aside from custom jobs, any colour you wanted as
long as it was yellow (the first GTs were all orange is you didn't
specify a RAL colour at extra cost or get it redone yourself).

Not ridden one, but by all accounts I've seen a very good bike, though
the GT was generally held to be an improvement.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> NYC XYZ wrote:
>
>>Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

>>>I believe you have reached an erroneous conclusion as to which is the
>>>offending item in this situation.
>>>

>>LOL -- and I was surprised that he thought to rid the SMGT, of all the
>>many bikes he must have!
>>
>>I just might've bought it, too, if it had been an SMGTe and he'd posted
>>earlier....

> The bicycle in question could be a "plain" Street Machine (1st
> generation) or Street Machine GT (2nd generation), but is unlikely to
> be a SMGTe. There also used to be a clone of the Street Machine called
> the Nils Palm Wind.

Not that this isn't all amusing...but if anyone had actually bothered to
check out the pictures it would be clear this is a StreetMachine GT in
Midnight Blue. Then there woudln't be a "could be" about it...

Tim Ryan wrote:

> Not that this isn't all amusing...but if anyone had actually bothered to
> check out the pictures it would be clear this is a StreetMachine GT in
> Midnight Blue. Then there woudln't be a "could be" about it...

I know it's an SMGT. I was only surprised that you decided to get rid
of this bike, instead of another, out of the many you have.