FS: Liberator Airborne MTB

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> So JD, what do you do to keep in shape over the winter months?

Ride.

When I lived in Colorado, I rode or cross country skied.

JD

On Dec 21, 1:22 am, "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>
> > So JD, what do you do to keep in shape over the winter months?Ride.

> When I lived in Colorado, I rode or cross country skied.
>
> JD

even though it is only an hour, i'll still be better off than nothing
at all. I'll at least get to do my Spring rides in an hour without
getting winded and out of breath and frustrated. the other point: so i
feel better overall while the winter months with less sun take its
toll. I get the cross training component: that's why I'll always try
to walk whenever I can. Strangely though, I'm able to ride when I'm
not able to walk at times; due to feeling like I'm floating with no
stress/strain on my joints - that's the major pain all over. The core
exercises - situps stretching and back strengthening: those will help
stabilize. But the other stuff: walking, even cross country skiing,
will not always be possible. Ex.: today was what I consider a "bad"
day, not because I wasn't happy but b/c I couldn't move well, walking
was bothering me, problems with my feet, etc. I have a cane actually
that I need to carry around with me now, folds up and stores in my
knapsack. So, after picking up my boss' Christmas gift with one of the
guys from work (which I need to wrap now), I had leg spasms and
problems with my feet so I pulled out my cane and hobbled home. But I
know it will be better in the morning.

MTB Girl

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> Anyways, at the end of our exam, he tells me to look up Andrew Pruitt

Andy is The Man when it comes to bike fit.

> BTW Matt & JD: absolutely no mental issues at all with me, none in the
> family either, just normal reactions after living with controlling
> lying cheating trolls who spend too much of my money while I stupidly
> sign loans for them. I got lots of time on the bike to think about my
> big lessons learned while I count my blessings I didn't marry the guy
> or have kids with him - and that I got rid of him for the last time!

My schizophrenia reference was in jest and a play on your feeling of
wellness while on the bike. I'd wager most of us who ride regularly
get that endorphin induced euphoria.

We get it, some dud took you for a ride and drained your bank account a
bit. Just don't tell us he's rotting in a Florida swamp
somewhere...unless it's Dan Vo2lker.

JD

Raptor wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>> Pete, I don't do well with stairmasters; issues with lower back pain.
>> Therefore the bike is the only thing for me really.
>> I know $400 is alot, but I think it's well worth the $$ in the long run
>> - come Spring I'll be right as rain!
>> I'll be watching movies or listening to my new mp3 player while I pedal
>> away.
>>
>> So JD, what do you do to keep in shape over the winter months?
>>
>> MTB Girl

> Core work can help with the back. I "suffered" from occasional lower
> back discomfort until I learned a bunch of core exercises a few years
> ago. But if you have an actual injury, you may be sort-of screwed.
>
> Riding indoors alone takes a special kind of masochism. Spin classes are
> great for maintaining some level of conditioning and there's enough
> distraction to make them tolerable, possibly fun. But given that most of
> them are an hour long, they keep you in shape to ride for about an hour.
> Every Spring, those longer rides are just as hard as last year.

Not just as hard. Much easier to build fitness from one hour workout to
three hours than none to three hours. Been there done that (last year).

> So, if you want more and have snow, go snowshoeing or x-country skiing.

Gonna eat breakfast first :)

Shawn

On Dec 21, 1:48 am, "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>
> > Anyways, at the end of our exam, he tells me to look up Andrew PruittAndy is The Man when it comes to bike fit.

> > BTW Matt & JD: absolutely no mental issues at all with me, none in the
> > family either, just normal reactions after living with controlling
> > lying cheating trolls who spend too much of my money while I stupidly
> > sign loans for them. I got lots of time on the bike to think about my
> > big lessons learned while I count my blessings I didn't marry the guy
> > or have kids with him - and that I got rid of him for the last time!My schizophrenia reference was in jest and a play on your feeling of

> wellness while on the bike. I'd wager most of us who ride regularly
> get that endorphin induced euphoria.
>
> We get it, some dud took you for a ride and drained your bank account a
> bit. Just don't tell us he's rotting in a Florida swamp
> somewhere...unless it's Dan Vo2lker.
>
> JD

I once read or heard (wish I could recall) where the runner's high was
judged the only true endorphin high. I got into a discussion with this
person who said cycling couldn't produce the same result as running. I
still stand by my thought that intense biking does produce a high.
That's at least part of the reason it keeps me coming back as well.

JD: good guess, only it wasn't just a bit of dough. :-(. I hope he is
rotting in his own real estate in Florida, you know, the swamps he
sells. hmmm, maybe he'll learn his lesson soon, if not for me to
recover the $$ but just so he doesn't do it to some other unsuspecting
female. Trolls are good manipulators; each profile learned is filed
away and used against them at a later point. But, lies still have a
way of catching up with him. Slow & steady steers the course...I'll
never be schizo, I'm too calm and happy right now just being myself :)
a major victory in and of itself.

the endorphins from riding are icing on the cake :) and I know my
local bike shop guys will take care of me. I never had a brother,
that's prob. half the problem there.

Example 1) I pick up the trainer the other day, I leave the keys locked
in the car, they jimmy open the door for me to retrieve them, only to
find I had the lights on the battery's died. So one of the guys goes
and gets his new Dodge Ram and puts it up to the hood and hooks
everything up (no grease on my new nail tips!) and gets it started for
me. Then carries the trainer to the car and puts it into the trunk for
me. No broken nail tips for MTB girl!

Example 2) I look down the other day to see my whole front brake system
has been removed (sabotage!) and go over to the shop again, don't they
fix me up with a newer better one even though I'm broke and can't pay
them yet?

Chivalry at its best in downtown Toronto! I have always been able to
say my faith in people, esp. men, will always be restored and I will
give credit to where credit is due without tarrying & feathering all
for the actions/deeds of some pond scum.

MTBG

Per Giant Yukon MTB Girl:
>still stand by my thought that intense biking does produce a high.

I'll go along with that.

When I used to ride from Philly to the Jersey shore every Sunday, it came on
like clockwork - about 40-45 minutes into the ride.
--
PeteCresswell

GeeDubb wrote:

> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>> I could send you some...
>>>
>>> The gas bill was bad in the old house, over $300 in the colder months.
>>> So far the new place is WAY better in that respect. I guess building
>>> techniques have come a long way in the last 90 years or so.
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Does the new place have as cool of a "dewdroom" as the old one had?
>>
>> JD
>>

> The whole pad is a dewdroom. A really nice place. If the garage is
> heated (can't remember) then that could be one heck of a dewdroom.
>
> Gary

Yeah JD, it kind of does, but just as the old room was morphing into the
"play room" (which I don't think you saw much of) the new room is doing
the same. It's in the basement, which is a heated slab. It's double duty
being the lounge at night and rumpus room during the day. It works.

The garage is heated, but I keep the car in it so it's pretty much a
full time garage. We were thinking that we could leave the car out if we
ever had a big party and wanted to keep the keg or bucket-o-beer out there.

Matt (great day of skiing yesterday, BTW)