FS: My A** - This weekend only!

gplama

Well-Known Member
May 16, 2004
7,822
Melbourne. Sometimes.
OK, So I'm racing A grade in this weekends 'GREAT DOHERTY TOUR' around Melbourne, against all these 'shop' riders... in my already-stacked-once-kit.

I'm planning on paying a visit to a few LBSes at lunch time to see if they want 'representation' this weekend in this tour. If anyone has any tips or knows of any store/owners this may be of interest to, let me know ASAP (pm on cf, or reply here) . Stage 1 is tonight!

NB: This is only for the next three days racing... and maybe the Tour of Bright if they are _really_ nice to me... damn cheap advertising if you ask me! :)

I'd even consider being 'Team HUFFY' if it meant a neat looking kit! :) I'm in Doncaster East so anything in Melb East is best.

thanks and cheers and fingers crossed,
Freelance-for-now-Lama

gplama said:
OK, So I'm racing A grade in this weekends 'GREAT DOHERTY TOUR' around Melbourne, against all these 'shop' riders... in my already-stacked-once-kit.

I'm planning on paying a visit to a few LBSes at lunch time to see if they want 'representation' this weekend in this tour. If anyone has any tips or knows of any store/owners this may be of interest to, let me know ASAP (pm on cf, or reply here) . Stage 1 is tonight!

NB: This is only for the next three days racing... and maybe the Tour of Bright if they are _really_ nice to me... damn cheap advertising if you ask me! :)

I'd even consider being 'Team HUFFY' if it meant a neat looking kit! :) I'm in Doncaster East so anything in Melb East is best.

thanks and cheers and fingers crossed,
Freelance-for-now-Lama
I've got a full ANSETT kit if you really think you're out of the game....

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:25:05 +1100
gplama <[email protected]> wrote:

> Shabby Wrote:
>> I've got a full ANSETT kit if you really think you're out of the
>> game....

> hah.... I can't think of something witty about 'flying' and A grade
> etc.. but the thought was there :)

"Fly the friendly way with TAA. Or chance it with Ansett".

Sounds perfect for you.

Zebee

SOLD! Well kind of... the dudes at Top Gear Cycles just down the road looked after me with a shiny new kit. woot! No more looking shabby!*

*apologies to shabby

Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday, but I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's closed....

Snuffy wrote:
> Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
> Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday, but
> I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
> closed....

The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
(I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...

Bleve said:
The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
(I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...

Don't worry, I was planning on being there well before the 9:00am kick off...

Bleve said:
Snuffy wrote:
> Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
> Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday, but
> I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
> closed....

The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
(I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...
The BB website reads 30 secs.. please tell me it aint so bleve! 30 sec intervals will mean drafting will become a problem...

Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

Update:

Stage 1 Crit - bunch sprint - Lama 7th (we think) by 1/2 a wheel to Jono 8th (we think) - so we are both in the points (we think).

44.6km/h for 1hr5min - it hurts - we dont think this one, WE KNOW!!!

gplama said:
Update:

Stage 1 Crit - bunch sprint - Lama 7th (we think) by 1/2 a wheel to Jono 8th (we think) - so we are both in the points (we think).

44.6km/h for 1hr5min - it hurts - we dont think this one, WE KNOW!!!
Great job both of you. Hope you can back up again tomorrow! Anyone know where to find full results?

roshea said:
Great job both of you. Hope you can back up again tomorrow! Anyone know where to find full results?
Full results will be on the CSV site by monday or tuesday, but other than that I dunno...

Jono L said:
Full results will be on the CSV site by monday or tuesday, but other than that I dunno...

hmmm so we don't know who to watch.. hopefully they'll have something at the start today. Since this is a 'points' tour, if 8 guys or more are clear and stay clear - I'm switching off the afterburners.

Jono L wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
> > Snuffy wrote:
> > > Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
> > > Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday,

> > but
> > > I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
> > > closed....

> > The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
> > get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
> > (I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...The BB website reads 30 secs.. please tell me it aint so bleve! 30 sec

> intervals will mean drafting will become a problem...

I don't know, Bro ... I'll probably be the start line holder though :)

> Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

I can do better than that, I'll make sure he's riding a Giant :)

On 17 Nov 2006 16:12:41 -0800, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jono L wrote:
>>
>> Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

>I can do better than that, I'll make sure he's riding a Giant :)

Don't forget the aero bars!

Bleve said:
Jono L wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
> > Snuffy wrote:
> > > Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
> > > Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday,

> > but
> > > I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
> > > closed....

> > The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
> > get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
> > (I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...The BB website reads 30 secs.. please tell me it aint so bleve! 30 sec

> intervals will mean drafting will become a problem...

I don't know, Bro ... I'll probably be the start line holder though :)

> Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

I can do better than that, I'll make sure he's riding a Giant :)
Worse than that, a Giant with Ultegra:eek:

Good stuff Bleve, it turned out pretty well.

Overall twas a nice tour with a bit of everything, plus everyone PB'd on the 1/20 just to ice the cake. Racing is fun:D