FS: My A** - This weekend only!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by gplama, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    OK, So I'm racing A grade in this weekends 'GREAT DOHERTY TOUR' around Melbourne, against all these 'shop' riders... in my already-stacked-once-kit.

    I'm planning on paying a visit to a few LBSes at lunch time to see if they want 'representation' this weekend in this tour. If anyone has any tips or knows of any store/owners this may be of interest to, let me know ASAP (pm on cf, or reply here) . Stage 1 is tonight!

    NB: This is only for the next three days racing... and maybe the Tour of Bright if they are _really_ nice to me... damn cheap advertising if you ask me! :)

    I'd even consider being 'Team HUFFY' if it meant a neat looking kit! :) I'm in Doncaster East so anything in Melb East is best.

    thanks and cheers and fingers crossed,
    Freelance-for-now-Lama

    Tags:

  2. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    I've got a full ANSETT kit if you really think you're out of the game....

  3. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    hah.... I can't think of something witty about 'flying' and A grade etc.. but the thought was there :)

    lama

  4. In aus.bicycle on Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:25:05 +1100
    gplama <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Shabby Wrote:
    >> I've got a full ANSETT kit if you really think you're out of the
    >> game....

    > hah.... I can't think of something witty about 'flying' and A grade
    > etc.. but the thought was there :)

    "Fly the friendly way with TAA. Or chance it with Ansett".

    Sounds perfect for you.

    Zebee

  5. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    SOLD! Well kind of... the dudes at Top Gear Cycles just down the road looked after me with a shiny new kit. woot! No more looking shabby!*

    *apologies to shabby

  6. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday, but I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's closed....

  7. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Snuffy wrote:
    > Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
    > Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday, but
    > I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
    > closed....

    The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
    get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
    (I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...

  8. Snuffy

    Snuffy New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Don't worry, I was planning on being there well before the 9:00am kick off...

  9. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    The BB website reads 30 secs.. please tell me it aint so bleve! 30 sec intervals will mean drafting will become a problem...

    Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

  10. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Update:

    Stage 1 Crit - bunch sprint - Lama 7th (we think) by 1/2 a wheel to Jono 8th (we think) - so we are both in the points (we think).

    44.6km/h for 1hr5min - it hurts - we dont think this one, WE KNOW!!!

  11. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,275
    Great job both of you. Hope you can back up again tomorrow! Anyone know where to find full results?

  12. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Full results will be on the CSV site by monday or tuesday, but other than that I dunno...

  13. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    hmmm so we don't know who to watch.. hopefully they'll have something at the start today. Since this is a 'points' tour, if 8 guys or more are clear and stay clear - I'm switching off the afterburners.

  14. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Jono L wrote:

    > Bleve Wrote:
    > > Snuffy wrote:
    > > > Anyone know what the traffic management situation is like on 1/20 for
    > > > Sunday? I was planning on trying 1/20 on the fixie early on Sunday,

    > > but
    > > > I'm not going to bother if I roll up and find out that the road's
    > > > closed....

    > > The road won't be closed, but we would *much appreciate* if you didn't
    > > get in the way. The first rider's away at 9am, 1 or 2 min intervals
    > > (I'm not sure which), around 100 or so riders I think ...The BB website reads 30 secs.. please tell me it aint so bleve! 30 sec

    > intervals will mean drafting will become a problem...

    I don't know, Bro ... I'll probably be the start line holder though :)

    > Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

    I can do better than that, I'll make sure he's riding a Giant :)

  15. Aeek

    Aeek Guest

    On 17 Nov 2006 16:12:41 -0800, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Jono L wrote:
    >>
    >> Oh and can you let Spink's tyres down whille he's at the start?

    >I can do better than that, I'll make sure he's riding a Giant :)

    Don't forget the aero bars!

  16. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Worse than that, a Giant with Ultegra:eek:

  17. Jono L

    Jono L Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2005
    Messages:
    4,434
    Good stuff Bleve, it turned out pretty well.

    Overall twas a nice tour with a bit of everything, plus everyone PB'd on the 1/20 just to ice the cake. Racing is fun:D