FS: New old stock 55cm Colnago Super

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Frank, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    This is one of those rare opportunities to own a legendary hand-made Italian
    steel Colnago road frame that has never been ridden. In fact, it has never
    even been built up!

    The Colnago Super is no longer being made, and Colnago has recently
    announced they will no longer be making any all-steel frames. These classic
    Colnago's are so scarce I don't believe I will have another opportunity to
    acquire any, especially in this popular size. With beautiful riding weather
    and tax refunds just around the corner, it is time to get that special frame
    you have always wanted.

    This beautiful Colnago, made in Italy of Columbus steel tubing with a
    chromed fork and right chain stay, measures 55cm center of bottom bracket to
    top of top tube with a 54cm top tube. The light sky blue to pearl yellow
    metallic paint scheme is stunning!

    The frame has the Colnago clover pantographed into the brake bridge and
    lower head tube lug, with COLNAGO in the top of the seat stays. The fork has
    the Colnago clover with the Colnago "C" around it pantographed into the fork
    crown. The rear spacing is 127mm, head tube length 124mm, and the threaded
    1" fork steerer is 177mm long. The bottom bracket has been checked and an
    Italian-threaded bottom bracket spun right in.

    This frame has adjustable rear horizontal dropouts (screws not included),
    braze-on front derailleur tab and down tube shifter bosses, derailleur cable
    guides brazed-on under the bottom bracket shell, one set of water bottle
    bosses, and the rear brake cable housing is routed on the top of the top
    tube.

    There are no dings or dents.this bike is in wonderful condition. There are
    two 2mm light yellow, sharp pencil lead thin, end-to-end straight lines on
    the top tube by the top head tube lug that the distributor believes occurred
    during painting (a paint blemish is not rare with a hand-painted Italian
    frame) but you may not notice them and they do not detract at all from the
    beauty of this frameset. I have a picture if you would like to see.

    The chrome on the right chain stay, rear dropouts, and fork is shiny and
    bright. The frame and fork have been completely treated inside the tubes
    with Boeshield T-9 rust prevention spray. This frame will turn heads
    wherever you go.it is stunningly beautiful! It also will provide you with a
    wonderful ride that you can only experience on a Colnago. Once you build
    this frame up and ride it, you will understand why Colnago has such a
    fiercely loyal following.

    Lots of pictures available for the asking.

    $600 professionally packed, shipped, and insured within the lower 48 United
    States.

    Tags:

  2. Frank,

    I am a fan of the frames. I don't wish to buy this frame, but would like to
    see some pictures if you'd be so kind.

    -Philip

    news:[email protected]