FS: NOS Shimano ultegra/600 7 speed hubset - $50

Bob

Guest
I have a brand new set of Shimano ultegra/600 hubs for sale.
From the box:

Model FH-6400/HB-6400-F 32H 100x126 7spd

I thought all 6400 series hubs were hyperglide compatible, but these do not appear to be. There are
threads on the outside of the freehub, but not on the inside, where a hyperglide lockring would
thread into. The splines on the outside are all of the same width. Unless you know better, I would
assume the rear is an older Uniglide hub.

New Uniglide cassettes are available on ebay.

Brand new in the box, includes skewers. Box is in terrible shape, hubs are perfect.

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I thought all 6400 series hubs were hyperglide compatible, but these do not appear to be.

> Unless you know better, I would assume the rear is an older Uniglide hub.

Just FYI: you're right, they're Uniglide. 6400 was 7-speed Uniglide, 6401 was 7-speed Hyperglide,
and 6402 was 8-speed Hyperglide.

James Thomson

Nice hubs ,, I slipped up and built a wheel with one . Cassets are not available . Or do you have
cassets. Or knowledge of some ?

@ @

~~~

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:45:12 -0800, Richard Thompson wrote:

> Nice hubs ,, I slipped up and built a wheel with one . Cassets are not available . Or do you
> have cassets. Or knowledge of some ?

I don't have any cassettes.

Go to the cycling section of ebay:

http://sports.listings.ebay.com/Sporting-
Goods_Cycling_W0QQfromZR4QQlotrZ1QQsacategoryZ7294QQsocmdZListingItemListQQsocolumnlayoutZ3

and search for uniglide. You'll see a few items, for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3662246673

That particular seller seems to have a bit of a stockpile, been selling them for a while.