FS: NOS Shimano ultegra/600 7 speed hubset - $50

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Bob, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I have a brand new set of Shimano ultegra/600 hubs for sale.
    From the box:

    Model FH-6400/HB-6400-F 32H 100x126 7spd

    I thought all 6400 series hubs were hyperglide compatible, but these do not appear to be. There are
    threads on the outside of the freehub, but not on the inside, where a hyperglide lockring would
    thread into. The splines on the outside are all of the same width. Unless you know better, I would
    assume the rear is an older Uniglide hub.

    New Uniglide cassettes are available on ebay.

    Brand new in the box, includes skewers. Box is in terrible shape, hubs are perfect.

    Tags:

  2. "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I thought all 6400 series hubs were hyperglide compatible, but these do not appear to be.

    > Unless you know better, I would assume the rear is an older Uniglide hub.

    Just FYI: you're right, they're Uniglide. 6400 was 7-speed Uniglide, 6401 was 7-speed Hyperglide,
    and 6402 was 8-speed Hyperglide.

    James Thomson

  3. Nice hubs ,, I slipped up and built a wheel with one . Cassets are not available . Or do you have
    cassets. Or knowledge of some ?

    @ @

    ~~~

  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:45:12 -0800, Richard Thompson wrote:

    > Nice hubs ,, I slipped up and built a wheel with one . Cassets are not available . Or do you
    > have cassets. Or knowledge of some ?

    I don't have any cassettes.

    Go to the cycling section of ebay:

    http://sports.listings.ebay.com/Sporting-
    Goods_Cycling_W0QQfromZR4QQlotrZ1QQsacategoryZ7294QQsocmdZListingItemListQQsocolumnlayoutZ3

    and search for uniglide. You'll see a few items, for example:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3662246673

    That particular seller seems to have a bit of a stockpile, been selling them for a while.