FS: Retro Campagnolo MTB Groupset

Gemma Kernich

Guest
Stuff for a project bike...??

I have a near-complete Campy OR (ATB or MTB, whatever!) groupset for sale
(no hubs, chain, cluster). Brand spanking new, none of the parts have ever
been fitted. Half of the parts and still sealed up in the campagnolo bags.
Suspect it's a complete original Centaur set but unsure. Consists of:

Triple Crankset, including beautiful dustcaps, never fitted but not in box,
48, 36, 26 rings and fixings, says BV - 170 9/16"x20" on back. Perfect.

NIB Centaur BB 36x24 cups, spindle says 70-ss x3-s, still in packaging
,original grease etc.

New, sealed in plastic campy bags, 2x MTB Caliper brakes. Also sealed in
plastic, the cable clamps, washers, cables and some rubber boots I am not
sure where they go.

27.2 Brev Campy MTB seatpost, about 350mm long (with an inbuilt quick
release clamp to move the seat!) and saddle angle adjustment dial thing at
rear.

7sp (I think) Rear Der, Long reach "Lg" NIB with papers etc.

Front Der, assume triple, very shiny, new but not in box, perfect condition.

Weird, and big, brake levers. Thumb (indexed) shifters slide into them and
are supposed to be clamped. Haven't been able to find a picture like them
on the intrenet - not even close! Never been assembled, a few chips of
paint are off one lever from rattling around in a box somewhere.

Campy Bear Trap pedals, new, looks like never fitted. They will come with
some strange form of silver-coloured half toe-clip. Fixings for these are
still sealed in plastic bag.

New but dusty/shop soiled 'aero' campy drink bottle, 500ml and bidon cage.

Parts are located in Australia, but post overseas is far cheaper than your
post to here. (I will also be in Europe late September). Looking for
offers, or parts will be put on ebay for the wolves...

Email [email protected] for more info or to make me an offer
Thanks
Gemma

Arthur Clune wrote:
> Gemma Kernich <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Stuff for a project bike...??

> Stuff for a collector. I'd put that up on ebay and advertise it
> on www.campyonly.com. You'd get good money for it.

*Very* good money. Also advertise on rec.bicycles.marketplace.

~PB

in message <[email protected]>, Gemma Kernich
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Stuff for a project bike...??
>
> I have a near-complete Campy OR (ATB or MTB, whatever!) groupset for
> sale
> (no hubs, chain, cluster). Brand spanking new, none of the parts have
> ever been fitted. Half of the parts and still sealed up in the
> campagnolo bags.
> Suspect it's a complete original Centaur set but unsure. Consists of:

[snip]

> Parts are located in Australia, but post overseas is far cheaper than
> your
> post to here. (I will also be in Europe late September). Looking for
> offers, or parts will be put on ebay for the wolves...

I would love it but I have spent all my new toy money for quite a long
time to come. This stuff is seriously collectable and quite valuable. I
would ebay it if I were you.

;; Sending your money to someone just because they've erected
;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you
;; need to use your data does not help the economy or spur
;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June 16th, 2002

"Pete Biggs" <pblackcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Arthur Clune wrote:
> > Gemma Kernich <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Stuff for a project bike...??

> > Stuff for a collector. I'd put that up on ebay and advertise it
> > on www.campyonly.com. You'd get good money for it.

> *Very* good money. Also advertise on rec.bicycles.marketplace.

How much money you reckon? *grin*
I wish I would identify it - I know the stuff in boxes is Centaur, the rest
could be almost anything (but you'd presume the same, since it was all found
together). The levers are the weirdest part. Hope to have some pics up
today. Already put a post on Campyonly.... that's where I tried to first
identify the parts....

Cheers
Gemma

('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Pete Biggs" <pblackcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Arthur Clune wrote:
>> >
>> > Stuff for a collector. I'd put that up on ebay and advertise it
>> > on www.campyonly.com. You'd get good money for it.

>> *Very* good money. Also advertise on rec.bicycles.marketplace.
>>

> How much money you reckon? *grin*
> I wish I would identify it - I know the stuff in boxes is Centaur, the
> rest could be almost anything (but you'd presume the same, since it
> was all found
> together). The levers are the weirdest part. Hope to have some pics
> up
> today. Already put a post on Campyonly.... that's where I tried to
> first identify the parts....

FWIW I bought a Campagnolo mountain bike front deraileur last year off
ebay for about 25 UKpounds. I bought a used 2004 model Record front
deraileur this year off ebay for less. My guess is you could easily get
US$500 for the group set and might get more.

This stuff is very rare now, particularly in as new condition.
Campagnolo didn't make nearly enough of it, and there are a lot of
cyclists out there who would rather have Campagnolo on their bikes than
anything else.

;; All in all you're just another hick in the mall
-- Drink C'lloid

Gemma Kernich <[email protected]> wrote:

: If anyone's interested, give us an email....

I strongly suggest that you put it all up on ebay and then post
a pointer here, campyonly.com and rec.bicycles.tech.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

> in message <[email protected]>, Gemma Kernich
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
> FWIW I bought a Campagnolo mountain bike front deraileur last year off
> ebay for about 25 UKpounds. I bought a used 2004 model Record front
> deraileur this year off ebay for less. My guess is you could easily get
> US$500 for the group set and might get more.
>
> This stuff is very rare now, particularly in as new condition.
> Campagnolo didn't make nearly enough of it, and there are a lot of
> cyclists out there who would rather have Campagnolo on their bikes than
> anything else.

Thanks Simon. I've taken pics of the parts, which can be found on the web
here:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gkernich/
I'm still working on identifying it all (I'm nearly there) then unless
someone makes me a good offer for the lot I'll chuck it all on ebay.

Gemma

Arthur Clune wrote:

> I strongly suggest that you put it all up on ebay and then post
> a pointer here, campyonly.com and rec.bicycles.tech.

The r.b.t folk don't like adverts but a mention could be sneaked in by
asking more details about it.

~PB

Gemma Kernich <[email protected]> wrote:

: I'm still working on identifying it all (I'm nearly there) then unless
: someone makes me a good offer for the lot I'll chuck it all on ebay.

I'd offer you £500 for the lot and then flog it on ebay and still be quids
in I think :)

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

"Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Gemma Kernich <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> : I'm still working on identifying it all (I'm nearly there) then unless
> : someone makes me a good offer for the lot I'll chuck it all on ebay.
>
> I'd offer you £500 for the lot and then flog it on ebay and still be quids
> in I think :)

Arthur,
I'd take your 500UKP and you can do what you like with those parts...
:)
Gemma