FS: Road bike/parts

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tim Jones, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Tim Jones

    Tim Jones Guest

    Hello all,

    With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing the
    minimal work required to get it going again.

    If anyone wants to make an offer (I am not expecting big dollars), send an email to
    [email protected]

    You can see a picture of the bike at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~catwoman/public_html

    The bike includes:

    * Wheerler 2100 large frame

    * Two very good custom wheels build for ruggedness - true

    * Nearly new good quality road tyres - Continental duraskin kevlar belted - done less than
    200k on them

    * Shimano RSX componentry, working well

    The problems:

    * bottom bracket is stuffed

    * brakes and gears are not connected - the bike had a repair cancelled

    * pedals are on their way out

    * STI levers are on their way out

    Cheers,

    Tim

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Tim Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3f596b02$0$23613
    > With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing
    > the minimal work required to get it going again.

    You could work on it yourself and use second hand or really cheap parts to bring it back to a
    reliable state. Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to the shops or doing other stuff
    near home where breakdowns aren't an issue.

    New BB would have to be less $50, pedals are almost a give-away at garage sales. Only real issue
    could be the STI levers. If they really are stuffed it'd be expensive to swap - as we've discussed
    previously. Maybe someone has some barcons that could be installed cheap? Or you could run it as a
    singlespeed? :)

    Enjoy the new ride! It looks damn nice! hippy

  3. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > "Tim Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3f596b02$0$23613
    >
    >>With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing
    >>the minimal work required to get it going again.
    >

    > You could work on it yourself and use second hand or really cheap parts to bring it back to a
    > reliable state. Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to the shops or doing other
    > stuff near home where breakdowns aren't an issue.

    <snip>
    > hippy

    Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

    &roo

  4. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:U7x6b.831>

    > Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

    Hmm, It would make 8 and a frame... Double figures not that far away...

    Nah! Not until I sell my old fridge - anyone want to buy a beer, I mean, Gatorade fridge?

    It'd have to be something different.. maybe a cruiser or a recumbent.. I couldn't justify another
    'normal' bike - there's no room at home as it is!

    hippy
    - left home today in only nicks & jersey thinking "ooh warm, nice" ...returned home thinking "never
    leaving home with only one layer and no arm/leg/toe warmers on!" Dodgy Melbourne weather!!!