FS: Road bike/parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim Jones

Hello all,

With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing the
minimal work required to get it going again.

If anyone wants to make an offer (I am not expecting big dollars), send an email to
[email protected].

You can see a picture of the bike at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~catwoman/public_html

The bike includes:

* Wheerler 2100 large frame

* Two very good custom wheels build for ruggedness - true

* Nearly new good quality road tyres - Continental duraskin kevlar belted - done less than
200k on them

* Shimano RSX componentry, working well

The problems:

* bottom bracket is stuffed

* brakes and gears are not connected - the bike had a repair cancelled

* pedals are on their way out

* STI levers are on their way out

Cheers,

Tim

"Tim Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3f596b02$0$23613
> With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing
> the minimal work required to get it going again.

You could work on it yourself and use second hand or really cheap parts to bring it back to a
reliable state. Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to the shops or doing other stuff
near home where breakdowns aren't an issue.

New BB would have to be less $50, pedals are almost a give-away at garage sales. Only real issue
could be the STI levers. If they really are stuffed it'd be expensive to swap - as we've discussed
previously. Maybe someone has some barcons that could be installed cheap? Or you could run it as a
singlespeed? :)

Enjoy the new ride! It looks damn nice! hippy

hippy wrote:
> "Tim Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3f596b02$0$23613
>
>>With the purchase of my new bike, I am looking at either selling my road bike for parts or doing
>>the minimal work required to get it going again.
>
>
> You could work on it yourself and use second hand or really cheap parts to bring it back to a
> reliable state. Left as it is - it could come in handy for riding to the shops or doing other
> stuff near home where breakdowns aren't an issue.
>
<snip>
> hippy
>
>
Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

&roo

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:U7x6b.831>
>
> Go on hippy - you know you need another bike!

Hmm, It would make 8 and a frame... Double figures not that far away...

Nah! Not until I sell my old fridge - anyone want to buy a beer, I mean, Gatorade fridge?

It'd have to be something different.. maybe a cruiser or a recumbent.. I couldn't justify another
'normal' bike - there's no room at home as it is!

hippy
- left home today in only nicks & jersey thinking "ooh warm, nice" ...returned home thinking "never
leaving home with only one layer and no arm/leg/toe warmers on!" Dodgy Melbourne weather!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.