FS: RockShox Duke 80mm air fork

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Todd, May 16, 2004.

  1. Todd

    Todd Guest

    This is a 2003 Duke XC fork. It came on a Specialized Stumpjumper complete
    bike, then was replaced with a Sid after about 10 rides off-road. It is a
    flat gray color, looks alot like it's been "primered" without being
    painted, but that's the way it comes on the bike. Rock Shox called it
    "Satin Anthracite".
    Fork is in excellent shape. In 2002, the XC had a steel steerer tube and
    silver crown. This one has an aluminum steerer tube, and black crown. Much
    better! Has air preload adjusment, and external rebound damping. Great fork
    for the aggressive XC rider or the heavier racer who can't stand the flex
    of the lighter Sid.

    $150 + shipping. Can send pics.

    Thanks,
    Todd

    --
    Delete "REMOVE" from email address when replying via email.

    Tags:

  2. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Todd wrote:

    > This is a 2003 Duke XC fork. It came on a Specialized Stumpjumper
    > complete bike, then was replaced with a Sid after about 10 rides
    > off-road.

    Just curious -- why did you switch to a Sid?

    Matt O.

  3. Todd

    Todd Guest

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Wl6qc.210639$L31.104956
    @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

    > Todd wrote:
    >
    >> This is a 2003 Duke XC fork. It came on a Specialized Stumpjumper
    >> complete bike, then was replaced with a Sid after about 10 rides
    >> off-road.

    > Just curious -- why did you switch to a Sid?
    >
    > Matt O.

    The Sid is almost a full pound less than the Duke, and the Stumpy is my
    racing hardtail.

    Todd

    --
    Delete "REMOVE" from email address when replying via email.