FS: Sleeping Bag and Self-Inflating Mattress

Richard Bates

Guest
(After almost accidently sending this message to
rec.music.makers.trumpet!)

For sale:

4-5 season synthetic sleeping bag made by High Gear/Alaskan Wolf
Approx 190x60cm (Compresses to approx 30cm length/25cm diameter) and
2.2Kg. Mummy style, grey, with left hand zip. Not used for approx 4
years but has been stored out of stuffsac). £30 inc postage

Self-inflating mattress - made by Multimat. Approx 150x50x2cm (Rolls
to approx 28cm length/16cm diameter). Weight is approx 850g. Blue. £20
inc postage.

Will accept £45 for both.

Email please (spamtrap)
--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3

Richard Bates wrote:
> (After almost accidently sending this message to
> rec.music.makers.trumpet!)

Are trumpeters less likely to go camping/doss on other people's floors
than cyclists? Mind you having been woken by a piper on a couple of
camping trips I can see why you wouldn't want trumpeters camping.

:)

Colin

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:53:48 +0100, Colin Blackburn
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Richard Bates wrote:
>> (After almost accidently sending this message to
>> rec.music.makers.trumpet!)

>Are trumpeters less likely to go camping/doss on other people's floors
>than cyclists? Mind you having been woken by a piper on a couple of
>camping trips I can see why you wouldn't want trumpeters camping.

Probably not - but I *know* that there are URCers who may wish to buy
a sleeping bag. I'm not certain about RMMTers.

I generally take a flute with me when I camp. I also take my trumpet
and cornet mouthpieces in case I happen to stumble across the local
brass band rehearsal in the village hall.

--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3

> Are trumpeters less likely to go camping/doss on other people's floors
> than cyclists? Mind you having been woken by a piper on a couple of
> camping trips I can see why you wouldn't want trumpeters camping.

I'd not take my Uillean pipes with me on my cycle camping expeditions
even though they are sweeter sounding than the Scottish bag pipes and/or
a trumpet.

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:53:48 +0100, Colin Blackburn
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Richard Bates wrote:
>>
>>>(After almost accidently sending this message to
>>>rec.music.makers.trumpet!)

>>Are trumpeters less likely to go camping/doss on other people's floors
>>than cyclists? Mind you having been woken by a piper on a couple of
>>camping trips I can see why you wouldn't want trumpeters camping.

> Probably not - but I *know* that there are URCers who may wish to buy
> a sleeping bag. I'm not certain about RMMTers.
>
> I generally take a flute with me when I camp.

And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my ...

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> (After almost accidently sending this message to
> rec.music.makers.trumpet!) - Self-inflating mattress

Just as well, they'd have more than enough puff to blow one up themselves!
:)

Graeme

> Are trumpeters less likely to go camping/doss on other people's floors
> than cyclists? Mind you having been woken by a piper on a couple of
> camping trips I can see why you wouldn't want trumpeters camping.

I'm a cyclist. And a camper. And a trumpeter.

Cycling and camping are a good mix.

Camping and trumpeting can mix, but only in the right environment ("Band
Camp", for example).

Cycling and trumpeting don't mix well, due to the problem of keeping the
instrument undamaged. I've never cycled to a band rehearsal, for instance.

However, cycling and trumpeting both result in an excellent lung capacity
and a peak flow (of exhaled air)graph well in excess of what should be
expected from someone of my age.

--
MatSav

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:59:25 +0100, "MatSav"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Cycling and trumpeting don't mix well, due to the problem of keeping the
>instrument undamaged. I've never cycled to a band rehearsal, for instance.

In my madder days as a student, I used to strap a double-case (trumpet
and flugel) to the external frame of an old rucksack, and cycle to
rehearsals and gigs.

I also knew somebody who had a "hack trumpet" for rehearsals which he
slung over his back with a length of string in order to carry it
whilst cycling.

--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3

On 14/4/05 5:39 pm, in article [email protected],
"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:59:25 +0100, "MatSav"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Cycling and trumpeting don't mix well, due to the problem of keeping the
>> instrument undamaged. I've never cycled to a band rehearsal, for instance.

> In my madder days as a student, I used to strap a double-case (trumpet
> and flugel) to the external frame of an old rucksack, and cycle to
> rehearsals and gigs.
>
> I also knew somebody who had a "hack trumpet" for rehearsals which he
> slung over his back with a length of string in order to carry it
> whilst cycling.

I regularly cycle with my saxophone. It is a little battered now but not
significantly worse than when I left school xx years ago.

It allows you to play those tunes that people keep requesting [1].

...d

[1] Anyone got the score to 'Far away' and 'A little bit quieter'?

MatSav wrote:

> Cycling and trumpeting don't mix well, due to the problem of keeping the
> instrument undamaged. I've never cycled to a band rehearsal, for instance.

Bah. Back in my student days, a fellow student routinely took his
french horn around by bike. His trailer was the most unusual piece
of equipment involved in that.

--
Nick Kew

David Martin <[email protected]> writes:

> [1] Anyone got the score to 'Far away' and 'A little bit quieter'?

"Do you know `Loch Lomond'?"
"Of course!"
"Go and jump in it"

-dan