FS TE clone $350 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J Browe

http://community.webshots.com/album/72785710EnGnQR I built this for my dad and he just didnt have
time to ride it. The seat, chain, handlebars, rear derailer, front fork and front wheel are newer.
The rear wheel is 27 inch . It, along with the bb, crankset, pedals and the frame are from an older
road bike. I did not weld the frame, but got it from a guy selling the frames on ebay. The shifters
are from a mountain bike. The bike would be great if someone who could braze added v brakes ( the
current brakes are so-so but work. The seat is bolted to the frame and is currently set up for a
41.5-42 inch x seam. it could go back but the bottom would have to be modified, and it could go
forward though. The bike rides fine and probably has less than 100 miles on it. It could use some
minor tune up if ya really wanted to make it nice ( paint job, brakes). If you know someone who was
looking at getting into recumbency and was considering spending $350 for an EZ-1, I would say this
bike would be a huge improvement over that. any ?'s feel free to ask me. Joel Scottsdale, AZ

Is that yellow bike one of those $200 Colombian 'bents? Is it rideable?

JR

[email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Is that yellow bike one of those $200 Colombian 'bents? Is it rideable?
>
> JR
yes it is ridable, the one thing that it needs is better chain rollers. the one on there now is has
a screw that doesnt seem to stay tight and the metal guide to keep the chain on will lock up the
chain. if i get a chance i will try to get a different roller attached and it should work. also
there needs to be more padding on the seat. but for the 200 i spent it isnt bad. i put a 20 inch
wheel on just cause the bike sits up so high with a 26inch. its a work in progress still. jb

Status
Not open for further replies.