FS: Trek Madone 5.2 - 58cm AUD$2800



A

Andrew F Martin

Guest
2006 Trek Madone 5.2 - 58 cm
This is a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 road bike. This bike was my race bike
and was ridden about 800 miles total from May to September. I replaced
Bar/Stem/Post with Ritchey WCS parts (except Post which is Carbon Pro)
and replaced tires with Vittoria Diamante Pro's. All componentry on
this bike is Ultegra and in very good shape. Full carbon fiber frame is
super stiff and yet has a very compliant and comfortable ride. Weight
of the bike is approx. 17.5lbs - here is a detailed list of the
componentry that is on the bike:

Much more detail posted here:
http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=570

I'll be coming to Brisbane in March with the bike. Thanks - Andrew
 
B

Bleve

Guest
On Jan 25, 4:44 pm, "Andrew F Martin" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 - 58 cm
> This is a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 road bike. This bike was my race bike
> and was ridden about 800 miles total from May to September. I replaced
> Bar/Stem/Post with Ritchey WCS parts (except Post which is Carbon Pro)
> and replaced tires with Vittoria Diamante Pro's. All componentry on
> this bike is Ultegra and in very good shape. Full carbon fiber frame is
> super stiff and yet has a very compliant and comfortable ride. Weight
> of the bike is approx. 17.5lbs - here is a detailed list of the
> componentry that is on the bike:


FYI, RRP on this in Oz was around $5,500 or so. The only thing you lose
by buying 2nd hand Treks is the warranty on the frame, it's only to the
original purchaser
 
A

Andrew F Martin

Guest
On Jan 25, 4:09 am, "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote:
> FYI, RRP on this in Oz was around $5,500 or so. The only thing you lose
> by buying 2nd hand Treks is the warranty on the frame, it's only to the
> original purchaser


That is my thought - I figured I could probably offer it at a really
good price (for both of us) since the Trek prices are so inflated
overseas. I sold one while I was working outside London as well. I
got a good sale price, and the buyer got a 1yo for less than 1/2
retail.

I've got another teammate with a Madone SL 5.9 with Record as well in a
60 if the 58 is too small. I can probably offer a similar deal on that
bike as well.
 
A

Andrew F Martin

Guest
On Jan 25, 8:20 pm, "Andrew F Martin" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Jan 25, 4:09 am, "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > FYI, RRP on this in Oz was around $5,500 or so. The only thing you lose
> > by buying 2nd hand Treks is the warranty on the frame, it's only to the
> > original purchaser

>
> That is my thought - I figured I could probably offer it at a really
> good price (for both of us) since the Trek prices are so inflated
> overseas. I sold one while I was working outside London as well. I
> got a good sale price, and the buyer got a 1yo for less than 1/2
> retail.
>
> I've got another teammate with a Madone SL 5.9 with Record as well in a
> 60 if the 58 is too small. I can probably offer a similar deal on that
> bike as well.


Edit above - the temmates bike he is selling is a 2004 5900 and not a
5.9SL. Sorry for the error.
 
A

Andrew F Martin

Guest
On Jan 24, 9:44 pm, "Andrew F Martin" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 - 58 cm
> This is a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 road bike. This bike was my race bike
> and was ridden about 800 miles total from May to September. I replaced
> Bar/Stem/Post with Ritchey WCS parts (except Post which is Carbon Pro)
> and replaced tires with Vittoria Diamante Pro's. All componentry on
> this bike is Ultegra and in very good shape. Full carbon fiber frame is
> super stiff and yet has a very compliant and comfortable ride. Weight
> of the bike is approx. 17.5lbs - here is a detailed list of the
> componentry that is on the bike:
>
> Much more detail posted here:http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=570
>
> I'll be coming to Brisbane in March with the bike. Thanks - Andrew


I'm heading south in a couple days. If there is any interest in this
58cm Madone 5.2, let me know and I'll pack it up to bring with me.
Otherwise - it'll be the new race bike

Thanks - Andrew

http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=570