FS: Waterford 1200 (56 cm) w/ Campy Record 8 spd.

LawBoy01

Dec 13, 2007
I'm selling my 56 cm Waterford 1200 that was purchased from Richardson Bike Mark as a complete bike in 1996 as a special order from Waterford. The frameset is candy apple red, and shows little signs of use except on the right chainstay where you see a few chips in the paint (but there's no rust anywhere). The frame is Reynolds 753, the fork is Reynolds 531. The seattube is 56 cm (c-c), and the toptube is 56.5 cm (the only custom geometry option; the rest is standard for 1200 frames). The components are as follows:

*Campy Record derailleurs (8 spd.), Ergo levers, crankset, BB (chain is Wipperman);
*Campy Chorus Monoplaner brakes and headset (the headset might be Record, but I'm not sure);
*Campy Record hubs (32h) laced 3x with stainless steel double-butted spokes to Record Strada grey anodized tubular rims (like almost no sidewall blemishes to speak of, no silver showing undearneath the anodization, just some brake rub marks) with nearly new Conti Sprinter 250s;
*3T Prima bars (42 cm, c-c) with NEW Specialized Roubaix Bar Phat handlebar tape;
*Syncros quill stem (11 cm);
*Syncros seatpost (27.4 mm, standard for Reynolds 753 seattubes); and
*Sella Italia Flite saddle with titanium rails (the saddle shows wear at the rear, but no real tears so I've never bothered with recovering or replacing the saddle).

The drivetrain functions flawlessly, and the chain/rings/cassette do not need replacing any time soon. Nothing is bent, broken or damaged, and the wheels are round and true. This bike is 10/10 mechanically, and 8/10 cosmetically (would be higher if not for minor saddle wear and the above-mentioned chips in the paint on the driveside chainstay).

I'm selling this bike for $750.00 firm, but it will come with a Topeak frame pump and an extra 12-21 Record cassette. Shipping and handling will be $100.00 flat to your residential address in the ConUSA (professional packing by Dustin Barrientes at Plano Cycling & Fitness in Plano, Texas, and UPS Ground shipping). This bike will go up on Ebay by this coming Saturday (3/5/2011) for a 7 day auction, but I will pull the auction if it sells here first.

If you have any questions about the bike, you can call Dustin Barrientes at Plano Cycling & Fitness ( http://planocycling.com/), or you can send him an email to [email protected].