FS: well sort of, closing down sale @ bike store, Perth/WA

till!

New Member
Nov 19, 2004
Extreme Cycles in perth are shutting end of the dec apparently. I dont have anything to do with them, and Im not a customer because some ratbag beat me to that really good deal on the 04 avanti or raceline in M dammit. If that was you, and you're reading it, you suck :p

There is some cheap looking 04 gear in smaller sizes, and met ippogriffo helmets for $99 which looks like a good deal.

They are located at cnr of wellington and queen (?) in perth.

till

ps: rumour has it that fleet will open in the same location in jan sometime.

news:[email protected]...

cool. never shopped at extreme, but am a regular customer of fleet @ freo.

till! said:
Extreme Cycles in perth are shutting end of the dec apparently. I dont have anything to do with them, and Im not a customer because some ratbag beat me to that really good deal on the 04 avanti or raceline in M dammit. If that was you, and you're reading it, you suck :p

There is some cheap looking 04 gear in smaller sizes, and met ippogriffo helmets for $99 which looks like a good deal.

They are located at cnr of wellington and queen (?) in perth.

till

ps: rumour has it that fleet will open in the same location in jan sometime.

Xtreme is the only serious bike shop in Perth City. They are not my usual LBS for planned purchases, but they are good for 'emergency' purchases. For commuters in the city, they are great for replacement tyres (I blew out the sidewall on a tyre on the way to work and got a new one at lunchtime so I could ride home) and other broken/lost bits (similar story - lost the LED tail flasher on the way to work, bought a new one from Xtreme at lunchtime).

Also they get a big thank-you from me. I lost a rubber nose pad off the Rudy sunnies. They had a spare and gave it to me for free. Nice guys.

I have dealt with Fleet as well, so if the rumour is true, things should still work well.

SteveA

"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I have dealt with Fleet as well, so if the rumour is true, things
> should still work well.

The guy there told me also that Fleet were taking over in Jan. Dunno much
else. Some pretty cheap bikes, liek a $2800 bike for $1400 etc etc. Can't
recall the brand as I don't take too much notice in case I get retail
urges...but it was white in colour :)

Cheers
David M

Davidm said:
"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I have dealt with Fleet as well, so if the rumour is true, things
> should still work well.

The guy there told me also that Fleet were taking over in Jan. Dunno much
else. Some pretty cheap bikes, liek a $2800 bike for $1400 etc etc. Can't
recall the brand as I don't take too much notice in case I get retail
urges...but it was white in colour :)

Cheers
David M
the guy who owns xtremes also owns fleets so i guess he is consolidating around the fleet name. Any nice road shoes for sale?

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> the guy who owns xtremes also owns fleets so i guess he is
> consolidating around the fleet name. Any nice road shoes for sale?

bits and pieces. I didn't have good look at the shoes but there seemed to be
a few that looked OK. But the extreme always seemed to have shoes on sale
:)

cheers
David M

byron27 said:
the guy who owns xtremes also owns fleets so i guess he is consolidating around the fleet name. Any nice road shoes for sale?
I did very well when the current Fleet bloke bought the Fleet shop from the previous owner. Half price MTBs - one with full XT, one with full LX. He had come from a clothing retail background I believe (one of those chains of Australiana type clothes shops) and he was paring the number of bike brands back from around a dozen I think to about 4 so he could give them full attention. Seems to have made the transition from wooly jumpers to bikes pretty well.

Visited Xtreme at lunchtime today. The best bargains at Xtreme were on 04 models and there aren't many of them left in the shop now. (Still a couple of downhill duallies for about 50% to 60% off !!! - $2,700 down to $1,100 if I recall).

SteveA

"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> byron27 Wrote:
> > the guy who owns xtremes also owns fleets so i guess he is consolidating
> > around the fleet name. Any nice road shoes for sale?

> I did very well when the current Fleet bloke bought the Fleet shop from
> the previous owner. Half price MTBs - one with full XT, one with full
> LX. He had come from a clothing retail background I believe (one of
> those chains of Australiana type clothes shops) and he was paring the
> number of bike brands back from around a dozen I think to about 4 so he
> could give them full attention. Seems to have made the transition from
> wooly jumpers to bikes pretty well.
>
> Visited Xtreme at lunchtime today. The best bargains at Xtreme were on
> 04 models and there aren't many of them left in the shop now. (Still a
> couple of downhill duallies for about 50% to 60% off !!! - $2,700 down
> to $1,100 if I recall).
>
> SteveA
>

> --
> SteveA

Is that the same shop that used to be Gordonsons?

Marty

Marty Wallace said:
Is that the same shop that used to be Gordonsons?

Marty

Somewhat ironically gordos moved from murray st to the same building that xtreme used to inhabit on hay street. Xtreme moved from hay st to their current, and final location, on wellington st, cnr of queen.

till

SteveA said:
I did very well when the current Fleet bloke bought the Fleet shop from the previous owner. Half price MTBs - one with full XT, one with full LX. He had come from a clothing retail background I believe (one of those chains of Australiana type clothes shops) and he was paring the number of bike brands back from around a dozen I think to about 4 so he could give them full attention. Seems to have made the transition from wooly jumpers to bikes pretty well.

Visited Xtreme at lunchtime today. The best bargains at Xtreme were on 04 models and there aren't many of them left in the shop now. (Still a couple of downhill duallies for about 50% to 60% off !!! - $2,700 down to $1,100 if I recall).

SteveA
His parents own the Mitre 10 shop in Armadale, and a few other Mitre 10's i think.

picked myself up a couple of Knog lights for 5 bucks each!!!

no complaints though their 10 speed cassettes werent on sale :(

byron27 said:
His parents own the Mitre 10 shop in Armadale, and a few other Mitre 10's i think.

picked myself up a couple of Knog lights for 5 bucks each!!!

no complaints though their 10 speed cassettes werent on sale :(

Byron,

I think BBB 10 speed cassettes were/are 15% off. You might like to check with them. Not sure about the quality of the BBB clusters (and I mean not sure rather than meaning they are of questionable quality!)

I got a bike for the 12 year old daughter. She has grown out of the 24" wheel MTB (she's 165cm tall) so I was looking for an OK full size MTB. I got a Norco Scrambler for her. 2003 model. Down from around $500 to $350. They would not swap the fat knobbly tires for me, but gave me a really good deal on some semi-slicks.

When I got it all home and was changing the tires, swapping computer over etc, I noticed the back wheel was out of true. Gave me a good excuse to try out my new wheel trueing stand (not from Xtreme). Great fun. Might have to try building wheels from scratch.

I was in there again today. Looked like almost everything was 15% off.

SteveA