FSA 9spd Crank w/ Record 10spd

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Camocruiser, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Camocruiser

    Camocruiser Guest

    I have a few questions that I can never get a consistent answer on! Please help!

    1) I have a 9spd FSA Team carbon crank (isis w/ Shimano hollowtech bb) on my Dream Plus. I just
    upgraded to Record 10spd. Can I still use this crankset or do I need to put the Record crank
    and bb on?

    2) Will a Record 10spd crank work ok with 9spd? I'm assuming it will just be somewhat louder
    than normal.

    3) And finally - What are the concerns when running a Shimano 9sp cassette w/ campy record 9spd
    shifters and derail?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, CamoCruiser
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have a few questions that I can never get a consistent answer on! Please help!
    >
    >1) I have a 9spd FSA Team carbon crank (isis w/ Shimano hollowtech bb) on my Dream Plus. I just
    > upgraded to Record 10spd. Can I still use this crankset or do I need to put the Record crank and
    > bb on?

    Do not need a new crankset or rings.

    >2) Will a Record 10spd crank work ok with 9spd? I'm assuming it will just be somewhat louder than
    > normal.

    Works fine.

    >3) And finally - What are the concerns when running a Shimano 9sp cassette w/ campy record 9spd
    > shifters and derail?

    Also works very well, if the shifting performance is poor it's generally not the cogset that's
    the problem.

    --Paul

  3. littlebo-<< 1) I have a 9spd FSA Team carbon crank (isis w/ Shimano hollowtech bb) on my Dream Plus.
    I just upgraded to Record 10spd. Can I still use this crankset or do I need to put the Record crank
    and bb on?

    Nope, use the FSA crank w/o modification.

    << 2) Will a Record 10spd crank work ok with 9spd? I'm assuming it will just be somewhat louder
    than normal.

    Not even louder-no difference at all. The rings are the same thickness 10s-9s, just the big ring is
    offset a wee bit toward the small...but no issues of performance with a 9s chain.

    << 3) And finally - What are the concerns when running a Shimano 9sp cassette w/ campy record 9spd
    shifters and derail?

    Just use a shimano 9s chain-works fine-