FSA Carbon or Camp Carbon cranksets

artnolis

Jan 23, 2004
What is better FSA Carbon or Camp Carbon cranksets. Also what is the the best bottem braket for thees cranksets

Originally posted by artnolis
What is better FSA Carbon or Camp Carbon cranksets. Also what is the the best bottem braket for thees cranksets

Go with the FSA Carbon Pro Team Issue. As good or probably better than other carbon cranksets on the market today. It even comes in a Superlight version which is, well, superlight....The design, finish and quality of the carbon spider and alloy chainrings are top notch. Furthermore, it costs less than the Campy Record Carbon crankset. Also, FSA uses 130mm bolt diameter which are more commonly available than the 144mm used by Campy, not to mention cheaper to replace since you're not restricted to Campy parts. I've had my Team Issue for about one year now and love it!

The FSA crankset comes in either ISIS or Octalink BB pattern. Mine is the ISIS version, I matched it with the FSA Platinum Pro bottom bracket. I didn't go for it, but there's also the Platinum Pro Ti with a titanium spindle available. The difference in weight is about 50 grams but double the price. These BB are very well made with smooth cartridge bearings. I also went with the FSA M15 aluminum crank bolts which are really light. Definitely recommended.

I went with the Campagnolo 2004 (got a great deal from a friend) as I like the looks and quality, and it interchanges with all my other bikes' Campy stuff.

If you go Campy, think about the Phil Wood bottom bracket. It's very dependable, and the ti version is pretty light. Great warranty, too.

Terry D.

If you can, dig up the Oct./Nov issue (forgot which month) of VeloNews, they did a pretty comprehensive report on a number of different cranks including the Campy, and the FSA.

Thank's for all the help
But still dont no what to buy

I have the fell Campy 2004 Record group, and I bought the FSA Team Issue carbon crankset. The quality of the FSA item is top notch. After putting the FSA set through its paces, I can't imagine spending an extra $300USD to get the Campy set.

Thank's for all the help
But still dont no what to buy

Also consider that Cinelli is using FSA carbon cranks on their Campy-equipped built up bikes....even with the Record grupo. You can see the specs on their website .

Just got an FSA Carbon Team Triple on my new frame, and it appears to be high quality, and the carbon looks great with the carbon rear stays too. I'm sure the lower-priced FSA carbon or alloy cranks will work just as well if you don't need the flash.

Of course, if you want the all-Campy set up, that's fine too. We can discuss the square taper spindles, etc, but I think the buying decision really gets down to style and price for most of us.

orded the Record carbon crankset today from Total Cycling online for $530. US PLUS $11. shipping to Australia

Originally posted by dhk
Also consider that Cinelli is using FSA carbon cranks on their Campy-equipped built up bikes....even with the Record grupo. You can see the specs on their website .

Pro team use doesn't mean much. Giant just paid CSC about $1,000,000 euros to use their frames. During the tour Hutchinson stamped their name onto the tires USPS was riding to 'fulfil their sponsorship requirements".

Now if CSC paid Giant a $1,000,000 euros to use their (Giant's) frames it would mean something.:)

i have the fsa super lite and love it it looks good and cheaper

they are both the same the fsa has 10 yr warrenty if you need to spend more money buy the campy

How does the new Dura Ace crankset compare to the FSA and Campag cranks?

Brian