FSA CFJ Compact Crank

Tonto

Nov 3, 2003
Hi,
A few UK-based websites (eg. Wiggle) are selling FSA CFJ compact cranks. However, I can't find them on the FSA website or on roadbikereview. A google search brings back a few online stores, and that's it.
Does anyone know if they go by another name outside of the UK or if they're an old line that's out of production? They seem to be FSA's cheapest compact crankset (£60 ~ US$100).
I'm intrested in ordering but I haven't been able to find a detailed spec and I usually like to see a couple of positive reviews on roadbikereview before I buy.

Thanks!
Tonto

could it be the FSA gossamer?

Google that and you should get some hits.

I recently started using this crank and am very happy with it.

Tonto said:
Hi,
A few UK-based websites (eg. Wiggle) are selling FSA CFJ compact cranks. However, I can't find them on the FSA website or on roadbikereview. A google search brings back a few online stores, and that's it.
Does anyone know if they go by another name outside of the UK or if they're an old line that's out of production? They seem to be FSA's cheapest compact crankset (£60 ~ US$100).
I'm intrested in ordering but I haven't been able to find a detailed spec and I usually like to see a couple of positive reviews on roadbikereview before I buy.

Thanks!
Tonto

They are the shimano square taper version of their aluminum compact cranks. You need the shimano square taper bb to fit them; that's probably why they're so cheap....and also why they are probably no longer being produced and/or listed on FSA's web site.

BikingBrian said:
They are the shimano square taper version of their aluminum compact cranks. You need the shimano square taper bb to fit them; that's probably why they're so cheap....and also why they are probably no longer being produced and/or listed on FSA's web site.

Thanks for the replies.

So if the crankset is listed as being 'square taper' should that not be compatible with my Campy square taper bottom bracket as well? Are all square tapers the same, whether old Shimano or current Campy?

Tonto said:
Thanks for the replies.

So if the crankset is listed as being 'square taper' should that not be compatible with my Campy square taper bottom bracket as well? Are all square tapers the same, whether old Shimano or current Campy?

They're not the same, don't do it.

fixit said:
They're not the same, don't do it.

I hear ya, thanks.

So, basically Campy square taper cranks are compatible with Campy square taper BB's and if I want to go and get me an FSA crankset I need to get a compatible BB as well?
I probably should have just asked this question at the start.....sorry for dragging this on and on.....

Tonto said:
I hear ya, thanks.

So, basically Campy square taper cranks are compatible with Campy square taper BB's and if I want to go and get me an FSA crankset I need to get a compatible BB as well?

Yes. Basically. If the cranks are not available for Campa BBs. Don't know if FSA has cranks for Campa.

fixit said:
Yes. Basically. If the cranks are not available for Campa BBs. Don't know if FSA has cranks for Campa.
Thanks for the help Mr. fixit.